17

We all nodded and walked in. The next room was so dark you couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. So when it got so bright we had to cover our eyes and adjust. We saw a chess board.

"There's the door." I said.

It was past all the white pieces.

"What do we do now?" Asked Harry.

"It's obvious. We play are way across the room." Said Ron.

"How?" Asked Hermione.

"I think we're going to have to be chessmen." Said Ron.

"How do you be chessmen?" I asked.

Ron went over to the knight and touched the house. It sprung to life and the knight looked down at Ron.

"Do we...er....need to be with you to get across?" Asked Ron.

The knight nodded.

"Hmm...I guess we'll have to take places of a black piece. Now don't be offended or anything. But I'm better at chest than either of you three." Said Ron.

"We're not offended just tell us what to do." Said Harry.

"Well Harry you take the bishop, Hermione you take the side Castle, Hallie take one of the pawns." Said Ron.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'll be a knight." Said Ron.

All the pieces he said walked off the board. We all took their places and watched as the white took their turn.

"You don't think it's like real wizards chess do you?" Asked Hermione.

Ron sent a pawn to the middle meeting the other one. The white pawn smashed it to pieces and tossed it off the board. I jumped.

"Yes Hermione. I think it's going to be exactly like wizards chess." Said Ron.

Then Ron started ordering the other pieces around. He kept us out of danger just by a bit. Till he was face to face with the queen.

"Yes, that's the only way. I've got to be taken." Said Ron.

"No!" We all yelled.

"That's chess. You've got to make sacrifices. I'll make my move and she'll take me. That leaves you free the check the king, Harry." Said Ron.

"There's got to be another way!" Yelled Hermione.

"There isn't one." Said Ron.

"Ron..." Said Harry.

"Do you want to stop Snape? Look if we don't hurry he'll have the stone. Ready." Said Ron.

"No but let's do this." I said.

"Now don't hang around once you won." Said Ron.

"Ok." Said Harry.

He stepped forward and the white queen came to life again. She struck Ron hard across the head with her arm. He crashed to the floor and she dragged him off. Hermione screamed but didn't move. I stood still as I was closet to the queen.

Harry went forward to the king. The king threw down his crown at Harry's feet. They had won. The chessmen parted for them to leave. So Harry, Hermione and me left the room looking back at Ron.

"What if he's...." Said Hermione.

"He'll be alright. What do you reckons next?" Asked Harry.

"We've had professor sprout's, that was the devil's snare. Professor Flitwick probably charmed those keys." I said.