56

We went through the trees further into the forest. Even darker then before I looked back at the spider. I knew Hagrid had a thing about creatures that others found scary. I guess I'm like that too. Because the spider was more magnificent then scary to me.

I heard Fang behind me. I guess they picked him up too. Looking ahead I saw that we had reached a vast hollow. The hollow had been cleared of trees, so that the star shown brightly onto the scene in front of me. Spiders. Not tiny spiders like those surging over the leaves blow. Spiders the size of Cart horses, eight-eyed, eight legged, black, hairy and gigantic. The massive specimen that was carrying harry, Ron, Fang and me made its way down the steep slope towards a misty, doomed web in the very center of the hollow. While the rest of the spiders followed closely behind us. Clicking their pincers excitingly at the sight of us.

I fell to the ground landing on my feet. I went up to Harry and Ron helping them up as Fang came around my feet. The spider that had dropped me started saying something.

"Aragog! Aragog!" Yelled the spider.

It was hard to tell what the spider was saying because of all of the clicking noises it made. From the middle of the misty, domed web, a spider the size of a small elephant emerged very slowly. There was gray in the black of his body and legs, and each of his eyes on its head were milky white. He was blind.

"What is it?" Said Aragog.

"Men." Said the spider who had brought Harry.

"Is it Hagrid?" Asked Aragog.

"Strangers." Said the spider who brought Ron.

"Kill them, I was sleeping." Said Aragog.

"Wait!" Yelled the one who brought me.

Everyone's eyes were on the spider.

"This one shouldn't be harmed. She nice." Said the spider.

"A girl?" Asked Aragog.

I stood up walking towards him.

"Yes, my name is Hallie Potter. Me, my brother Harry and our friend Ron. We are friends of Hagrid." I said.

Spiders around us started clicking very viciously with their pincers.

"Hagrid has never sent men or a girl into our hollow before." Said Aragog.

"Hagrid's in trouble. That's why we've come." Said Harry.

The spiders seem to get angry at him speaking.

"Let me do the talking Harry." I said.

"In trouble? But why has he sent you?" Asked Aragog.

He was worried. I could hear it in his voice.

"They think, up at the school, that hagrid's been setting a..... Well we're not sure what it is but something been petrifing the students. They've taken him to Azkaban." I said.

Aragog clicked his pincers furiously, and all around the hollow the sound was echoed by the crowd of spiders. The spider who brought me stepped closer to me. Hovered over me, protecting me.

"But that was years ago. Years and years ago. I remember it well. That's why they made him leave the school. They believe that I was the monster that dwells and what they call the chamber of secrets. They thought that Hagrid had opened the chamber and sent me free." Said Aragog.

"But you didn't come from the chamber of secrets, did you?" I asked.

"I! I was not born in the castle. I came From A distant land. A traveler gave me to Hagrid when I was an egg. Hagrid was only a boy, but he cared for me, hidden in a cupboard in the castle, feeding me on scraps from the table. Hagrid is my good friend, and a good man. When I was discovered, and blamed for the death of the girl, he protected me. I have lived here in the forest ever since, where Hagrid still visits me. He even found me a wife, Mosag, and you see how our family is grown, all throughout Hagrid's goodness." Said Aragog.

"Yes, Hagrid is a good man. He's the reason me and my brother know about Hogwarts and the wizarding world. He brought us to diagon Alley the first time." I said.

Aragog clicked softly, agreeing.

"So you never, never attacked anyone?" Asked Harry.

"Never, it would have been my instinct, but out of respect for hagrid. I never harmed a human. The body of the girl who was killed was discovered in a bathroom. I never saw any part of the castle but the cupboard in which I grew up in. My kind like the dark and the quiet." Said Aragog.

"But then. Do you know what did kill that girl? Whatever it is, it's back and attacking people again." Said Harry.

His words were drowned by a loud outbreak of clicking and the rustling of many long legs shifting angrily. I went further under the spider that was over me hiding just in case. I shot Harry a warning look. He closed his mouth and I continued to speak on their behalf. They didn't seem to hate me as much as they did him.

"Please, we're just trying to help the people in the school. We do not wish you any harm." I said.

"The thing that lives in the castle, is an ancient creature wee spiders fear above all others. I remember how I pleaded with Hagrid to let me go, when I sense the beast moving around the school." Said Aragog.

"What is it?" Asked Harry.

More loud clicking, more wrestling, the spider seem to be closing in.

I grabbed Harry's arm and forced him up. Along with Ron who was hiding behind me. Fang coward behind us.

"We do not speak of it! We do not name it! I never even told Hagrid the name of that creature, though he asked me, many times." Said Aragog.

Aragog seem to be tired of talking. He was backing slowly into his doomed web, but his fellow spiders continue to inch slowly towards us. He seem to get irritated, twitching slightly.

"We'll just go, then." Said Harry.

"Yes, we don't need to take up any more of your time." I said.

"Go? I think not." Said Aragog.

"But, Aragog." Said the spider above us.

"Speak not Moak. If you wish to keep her, then you'll have to fight off your siblings. My son's and daughters do not harm Hagrid, on my command. But I cannot deny them fresh meat, when it wanders so willingly into our midst. Goodbye, friend of Hagrid." Said Aragog.

All around us we're spiders towering above. A solid wall clicking their mini eyes gleaming. I reached for my wand. But I don't think what I could do could get past any of them. Moak grabbed me pulling me up to him.

"Is there anyway you can get all of us out of here?" I asked.

"I can't fight them all." Said Moak.

We were trapped. Harry and Ron had raised their wands too. Moak lifted them up and sat us on his back. The spiders were yelling angry shouts at Moak.