78

In my adrenaline state. I had completely forgotten about the car. So we sat there trying to figure out what to do. Hermione's was way too far to walk. And there were no buses out this late.

"We could go to cat's. See if she's there. Or Paul's. I'm sure he'll let us in." I said.

"We need to go to Gringotts. Get the rest of our money and lived outlawed." Said Harry.

"London is so far away, Harry." I said.

"We could ride on my broom." Said Harry.

"What about our trunks?" I asked.

"We'll make them lightweight with magic. Use my Invisibility cloak." Said Harry.

Harry started looking for his Invisibility cloak. Then he stopped and looked around. I also felt uneasy. Like we were being watched. I pulled Shaun behind me. Someone or something was standing in the narrow gap between the garage and the fence behind us. I squinted at the black alleyway. If only it would move, then I know if it was a stray cat or..... Something else.

"Lumos." Said me and Harry.

The light appeared at the end of are wands. Almost dazzling us. I held mine out straight while he held his over his head. The pebble Dash walls of number 2 suddenly sparkled, the garage door gleamed and between them we saw, quite distinctly the hulking outline of something very big, with wide, gleaming eyes.

I stepped back. Harry stepped back two. His legs hit the trunks and he fell into the gutter. I looked back at him then my eyes went back to the....dog? Wait, that dog.....Sirius? Before I could ask there was a bang that made me jump and look back.

A second later, a gigantic pair of wheels and headlights screech to the exact spot where Harry had just been lying. They belonged, to a triple decker, violently purple bus which had appeared out of thin air. Gold lettering over the windshield spelled the knight bus. A constructor in a purple uniform left out of the bus and began to speak loudly to the night.

"Welcome to the knight bus, emergency transport for the stranded which or wizard. Just stick out your wand hand, step on board, and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stan shunpike, and I will be your constructor this Eve....." Said Stan.

He suddenly stopped when he saw Harry on the ground. Harry snatched up his wand again and scrambled to his feet. Stan shunpike was only a few years older than we were, 18 or 19 at most. With large protruding ears and quite a few pimples.

"What were you doin' down there?" Asked Stan.

"Fell over." Said Harry.

"What 'choo fall over for?" Asked Stan.

"I didn't do It on purpose." Said Harry.

I turned back to look at the alleyway. But Sirius was gone. The bus probably scared him too.

"What 'Choo lookin' at?" Asked Stan.

"There was a big black thing, like a dog.... But massive." Said Harry.

Maybe it's best if I don't tell him yet. I still haven't figured everything out myself.

"Woss that on your 'ead?" Asked Stan.

"Nothing." Said Harry.

Harry flattened his hair covering the scar.

"Woss your name?" Asked Stan.

"Uhh...." Said Harry.

"Gregory and I'm Gina. This is little Bill." I said.

"Ah....umm hi there miss." Said Stan.