35

A few weeks later nothing happened. Jack seem to be everywhere I was. But I ignored him. I continued to go see Shaun everyday before dinner. I absolutely hated defense against the dark arts. Mostly hated gilderoy Lockhart. Which got me a lot of good praises from the boys and bad looks for the girls.

"You just have no taste, Potter." Said a Slytherin girl while we were walking out of class.

"Or I have better taste then you." I said.

If to prove my point Mattheo and Theo appeared beside me.

"We're thinking of hosting a going away party for Dixie. Getting the invite out early. So you going?" Asked Mattheo.

"Everyone we've talked to is coming." Said Theo.

"Well when you ask how can they say no. Especially the girls." I said.

"Oh, so you've noticed. More importantly you wrote it down." Said Mattheo.

"Yes, it's not that hard to miss. Your both very attractive. Annoying at times." I said.

"We are not annoying." Said Theo.

"Sometime you are." I said.

"When?" Asked Theo.

He purposely blocked my way down to the Great Hall.

"Like now for instance." I said.

"Come on Theo we'll miss class." Said Mattheo.

They left and I went to my class. After that I started to head to the greenhouses. I walked by George as I went. He turned walking next to me.

"Where you off to?" Asked George.

"The greenhouse." I said.

"I'm coming with you. Want to see who's taking up so much of your time." Said George.

"Ok, you can meet Shaun." I said.

We went into greenhouse three and I saw Shaun's pot sitting there. I went over to it pulling up two chairs and sat down. George sat on the other one looking at the pot.

"He's harmless. Shaun, I'm here. I don't have long since dinners about to start but I wanted to come by to see you. I brought a friend he's name is George." I said.

The dirt moved and out popped a little hand. I grasped at the air. He's has been doing this recently. When I come he wants me to pick him up and hold him. I sighed and took another pot to take some of the dirt out and pick up Shaun. George was surprised to see him not crying and clinging onto me.

"George this is Shaun." I said.

"Hi there." Said George.

Shaun looked but didn't say anything.

"By what I've read. In human years he's only 11 months." I said.

"Aren't the others bigger?" Asked George.

"Yeah, professor Sprout can't explain it. His leaves are getting smaller too. There almost gone." I said.

It was true. His head only had one small leaf left. His appearance was changing also, his once root colored skin was now turning more cream colored. Sort of like my skin. His face was more looking like a human babies then what it did before.

"Maybe he's changing to look like you. He does seem to have an attachment to you." Said George.

"Yeah, professor Sprout said that he knows when I'm coming. He gets all excited and one time knocked over his pot." I said.

"He's like your baby." Said George.

"I guess it's similar. I love spending time with him." I said.

After a while professor Sprout came in and said it was almost dinner. So I put Shaun back into the pot with only some fussing.