53

I opened my eyes. I was in the middle of the forest by a tree. It was dark out. The moonlight washed over my skin through the leaves. My damp clothes stuck to my body. I sat up looking around me. The lake was in front of me. But I was further than I thought I would be. My head still hurts. Along with my arm, hand, back, and lungs. I got up slowly feeling my body ache. Then I went to the lake. Something had saved me. Are there merpeople? The giant squid came up to the surface.

"Did you save me?" I asked.

My voice was raspy and soft. The squid nodded and swam towards me. then came a head from the lake. It was like a mermaid. It beckoned me to stick my head under the water. I was nervous. The squid nudged me closer. I closed my eyes and went forward. Going under the water.

"Miss Hallie, we have heard about you. You died... but somehow your still here. You must go back to the castle. You have slept almost the whole day away." Said the mermaid.

I went back up and sat back.

"The whole day? Thank you for saving me." I said.

I walked alongside the lake. The castle was in view now. I ran as fast as I could to the tree where Andy's necklace was hidden. I grabbed it and ran to the castle. I was out of breath when I reached the doors of the great hall.

I stopped and waited till my breathing settled down. Then I straightened myself up and opened the door. It was louder than I anticipated. Everyone was staring at me. I walked passed the tables and to the teachers. Then I set down the necklace next to McGonagall's glass. Dumbledore wasn't there.

"I know where Andy's body is." I said.

"Miss, Potter where have you been?" Asked Professor Sprout.

I looked down at my wet, torn, and bloody clothes.

"Last night I went looking for Andy's body. Jack found me and hit me in the head with the shovel I brought. Then he and Peter put me in a box or crate of some kind and dropped me in the lake. The squid and merpeople saved me. My heart stop and I came back." I said.

"Oh my! Dear, let's get you to the hospital wing." Said professor Sprout.

"Not yet." I said.

Just then Jack came through the door. I turned to face him and his face fell. The color faded and he stepped back. I slid my hand up and the door closed locking.

"Hello Jack, it looks like you've seen a ghost." I said.

"H-Hallie." Said Peter.

Jack composed his face.

"Hallie! Everyone has been looking for you. Why are you wet?" Asked Jack.

"Just stop Jack. I know it was you. All of it. I heard everything you said before you dropped me in the water." I said.

"Hallie..." Said Jack.

"No, You cant manipulate me. I remember everything. When my heart stopped it reset my brain. Every little detail in my life is now front and center in my head." I said.

I did other motions with my hands. Causing him to cough up water. I watched him fall to the ground. Then I did the motion again and he stopped.

"Just a little taste of what I went through. I think it's only fair." I said.

I walked back down past the tables to him. Peter was backing away scared of me.

"Where's my necklace?" I asked.

Jack didn't say anything. He smiled.

"I'm not going to tell you." Said Jack.

"So you're done playing stupid. Good it wasn't a good look on you." I said.