40

I came back starring at Jack. He was trying to talk with me. I backed up.

"I don't like fighting with you." Said Jack.

His voice was soft now, sickeningly sweet.

"Leave me alone." I said.

"Let's not overreact." Said Jack.

"I'm not overreacting." I said.

"No, you are and it's ok. Just let me help." Said Jack.

He reached for me again. I slapped his hands away.

"I'm done with you! We're over!" I yelled.

"You can't leave me." Said Jack.

His voice went back to being harsh and demanding.

The door opened Fred,George and Lee came in.

"I heard yelling. Are you ok Hallie?" Asked George.

"She's fine." Said Jack.

"I wasn't asking you." Said George.

"Let's just go. I don't want to be around him anymore." I said.

"Ok yeah." Said George.

I walked passed Jack and out with George. Fred and Lee stood behind us keeping him there as I walked away. Then they also followed us. For days I avoided him. I only wrote down don't trust Jack. I didn't think I could write down more.

"Are you ok Hallie? You seem upset." Said Hannah.

We were all sitting outside by the lake. It was cold so we we're bundled up.

"I don't feel well. I think I'm just going to go lay down." I said.

"Do you want us to come with you?" Asked Ruby.

"Yeah we're almost done here anyway." Said Susan.

"We're happy to hang with you." Said Claire.

"No, no I'm good. I need some time alone to clear my head." I said.

It was getting close to Christmas. For the first time I wanted to leave Hogwarts. I walked through the halls not really caring where I was going. Shaun was with the elves right now.

"Hallie." Said Jack.

I jumped at his voice and backed away.

"Hey, sorry didn't mean to scare you. Where you going?" Asked Jack.

I looked around me. Didn't even know where I was.

"Just walking." I said.

"Then do you mind if I walk with you?" Asked Jack.

"I want to be alone Jack." I said.

"Come on Hallie." Said Jack.

"No, Jack." I said.

I angrily went the opposite way. He didn't follow. Unfortunately I ran right into peeves.

"Oh look who it is. Little girly Potter." Said peeves.

"Not in the mood peeves." I said.

"Ha! No one's every in the mood that's what makes it fun. But you've been nice to me in the past so why so hostile today." Said peeves.

I stopped looking up at him. I was one of the students he never messed with. Everytime someone would complain about this he would just say. 'Next time be nice.' but I never actually knew what I did to deserve his good will.

"Peeves, could you get something for me?" I asked.

"Ohh, what would this item be?" Asked peeves.

"A book, any book that I can write in. It can be small." I said.

"Why do you need a book?" Asked peeves.

"Someone has been tampering with my regular book. So I need one that no one else will read." I said.

"Ok, ok I'll see what I can find. Maybe I'll steal it from Filch." Said peeves.

Then he zoomed off. I smiled and continued walking. I was then pulled into a classroom. I went to scream but a hand was put over my mouth. I stomped on his foot.

"Ow." Said a boy.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Sorry, Jack's following you. I couldn't let him see us talking." Said the boy.

"And you are?" I asked.

"Zach, you needed to be warned about Jack." Said Zach.

"I thought you were in the hospital wing?" I said.

"Yeah just got out. Listen closely. Jack killed Andy... he's planning on killing you too. But first he wants to sleep with you, I'm sure not just once." Said Zach.

"How do you know this?" I asked.

"I was there. He use the imperious curse on me. And then erased my memories but when Dumbledore came and asked me questions about what happened. He realized that my memories were erased and brought those memories back. I didn't tell him what happened because I knew Jack would find out and just erased my memories again. But you already know all of this you just haven't written it down." Said Zach.

"I can't write it down someone's been looking in my book. It's probably him. There was pages torn out and a threatening message left behind." I said.

"Sounds like him. I saw you talking with peeves do you have a plan?" Asked Zach.

"Sort of, I'm getting peeves to get me a book that Jack knows nothing about. Then I'm going to have peeves hide it somewhere that Jack can never get to after I've written everything down I know about him." I said.

"So you don't forget. Okay well I'll tell you anything you need to know." Said Zach.

"Good, don't make him mad and stay away from him. Then when I have the book come and find me. Tell me everything so I can write it down." I said.

"How will I know when you have the book?" Asked Zach.

"Hmm. Good point. Ask me everyday but don't make it obvious." I said.

"Okay, and then after you write everything down what do we do?" Asked Zach.

"Well after I've gotten all the facts written down and everything he has ever done. We give it to Dumbledore." I said.

"He'll find out if we do." Said Zach.

"He'll find out I did it. If it all goes well you won't have anything to do with it except for a little bit of information you told me." I said.

"This doesn't sound safe." Said Zach.

"Got anything better?" I asked.

"Not really." Said Zach.

"Then this is what we have. I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I said.

I walked out and left. I walked quickly so it wouldn't look like we were talking. The next day I again left Shaun with the elves.

I saw Harry up ahead while going to defense against the dark arts class.

"Harry!" I yelled.

"Hey, Hallie." Said Harry.

"Any news about the chamber of secrets I need to know. Or the voice?" I asked.

"No, nothing." Said Harry.

"Ok." I said.

We went into class. We weren't really learning anything in class. Lockhart mostly just talked about himself. And used Harry to demonstrate things he's done. When class was over harry, Ron and Hermione stayed back. I stayed back with them to see what was going on.

"Wait till everyone's gone, all right." Said Hermione.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We need to ask Professor Lockhart something." Said Ron.

"Need help?" I asked.

"No, you go on." Said Harry.

I shrugged and left. I was caught by peeves and dragged to an empty room.

"Yes?" I asked.