55

Soon I found that way to be tricky and full of teachers. I hung back watching them. It was now past midnight. I watched as one left and another took their place. Then I felt light wind and someone breath on my neck.

"Hallie." Whispered Harry.

I sighed and turned seeing nothing. A hand reached out and I took it. Slipping underneath the cloak we squished so we wouldn't be seen. Then started off towards the door. We dodged all the teachers, slid the lock of the door off and squeezed through the door. Making no sound.

Soon we were running through the moonlight grounds. It was pretty and bright tonight. Though under the trees in the forest. We won't be able to see a thing. Harry opened the door to Hagrid's hut and we went in. Fang starting barking loudly. So Harry shoved some treacle fudge in his mouth. Which glued his teeth together.

"Course, we might get to the forest and find there's nothing to follow. Those spiders might not have been going there at all. I know it looked like they were moving in that sort of general direction, but..." Said Ron.

"We can leave this here. We don't need it where we're going." I said.

Harry put the cloak on the table and opened the door and peered out. No one was around. Then we set off into the forest.

"Lumos." Said Harry.

His wand lit up and I did it to.

"Good thinking, I'd light mine too. But you know, i't probably blow up or something." Said Ron.

I was in the lead with fang just slightly in front. Then Harry and Ron behind me. Then we saw them. There were only two spiders hurrying away from the light. Soon the spider we're heading off the path. Harry paused and I looked back at him. Or where I heard him. It was so dark that I couldn't see anything but the light in front of me.

"What do you reckon?" Asked Harry.

His voice seemed loud in the silence.

"We've come this far." Said Ron.

"Come on then or we'll lose them." I said.

So we followed the darting shadows of the spiders into the trees. We couldn't move very quickly. There were tree roots, stumps, barely visible in the near blackness. I could hear Harry and Ron's footsteps behind me. Every so often Harry would crouch with his wand light to find the spiders. To determine which way they went.

We walked for what seemed like at least an hour. My robes kept snagging on low branches and brambles. I noticed first that the ground seem to be sloping downward, though the trees were as thick as ever. Then Fang suddenly let a great echoing bark. Making me jump backwards towards Harry.

"What?" Asked Ron loudly.

He was gripping me and Harry's elbows very hard. All of us looking around into the pitch dark.

"There's something moving over there. Listen, sounds like something big..." Said Harry.

We listened. Something in the distance was moving. I turned my head to the right. Something big was snapping branches as it carved a path through the trees.

"Oh no! Oh no, oh no, oh." Said Ron.

His voice shaking. His hand tightening.

"Shut up, it'll hear you." Said Harry.

"Hear me? It already heard Fang!" Said Ron.

"Maybe it's nice." I said.

The darkness seem to be as dark as ever. I strained my eyes to see what was coming. But it was hopeless you could see nothing in front of you. There was a strange rumbling noise and then silence.

"What do you think it's doing?" Asked Harry.

"Probably getting ready to pounce." Said Ron.

"Shh." I said.

I was staring in the direction I believed the noise was coming from. I could feel eyes on me, more than two.

"Do you think it's gone?" Asked Harry.

"Dunno..." Said Ron.

Then, to our right came a sudden blaze of light. So bright in the darkness that all of us flung up our hands to shield our eyes. Fang yelped and tried to run, but got lodged in a tangle of thorns and yelped even louder.

"HarRy! Harry it's our car!" Yelled Ron.

"What?" Asked Harry.

I went and grabbed Fang. Pulling him out of the bushes.

"A car?" I asked.

"Come on." Said Ron.

We followed after Ron towards the line. Stumbling and tripping and a moment later merged into a clearing. Mr. Weasley's car was standing, empty, in the middle of a circle of thick trees under a roof of dense branches. It's headlights were what we were seeing. As Ron walked, open-mouthed toward it. The car moved slowly toward him, exactly like a large, turquoise dog greeting it's owner.

"It's been here all the time! Look at it. The forest's turned it wild." Said Ron delightedly.

Sure enough the car looked wild. I held onto Fang's collar and walked up to the car. The sides of the car were scratched and smeared with mud. Apparently it had taken to moving around the forest on it's own. Fang kept pulling me away from it. He didn't want to be anywhere near the car.

"And we thought it was going to attack us!" Said Ron.

He leaned against the car and patted it.

"You did." I said.

Ron wasn't looking my way.

"I wondered where it has gone!" Said Ron.

"We've lost the trail. C'mon, let's go and find them." Said Harry.

Ron whimpered and looked up. I followed his gase and let go of fang.

"Don't think we need to. I think we found it." I said.

There was a loud clicking noise. Suddenly harry had something long and hairy seize him around the middle and lift him off the ground. So that he was hanging facedown. Then to my left Ron was yanked off the ground. Fang started whining and howling even louder.

"I don't mean to be rude. But it can walk on my own." I said.

A giant spider came into view. It stared and me.

"Unless your doing this so we don't see which way is your home. Then I respect that." I said.

I lifted my arms out and it grabbed me. Lifting me up and didn't hang me upside down. Fang barked after us. I had no idea if he could hear me now. But I yelled after him anyway.

"It's ok Fang! Stay there!" I yelled.

I just hoped he listened.