16

That night I made my way slowly to the third floor. Where I heard Harry's voice but deeper. As I rounded the correr I saw peeves flouting away. He left and I walked forward.

"Harry?" I asked.

I was pulled underneath the inviability cloak.

"Stay quiet." Whispered Hermione.

I nodded and we all took off towards the door with fluffy. The door was open slightly. This was it someone was down there. Harry turned to us.

"If you want to go back I don't blame you. Take the cloak I won't need to anymore." Said Harry.

"Don't be stupid." Said Ron.

"We're coming." Said Hermione.

He turned to me.

"Go back please. I don't want you getting hurt." Said Harry.

"Thank you for the concern. But I didn't sneak away from the lightest sleeping roommate in the world to go back now." I said.

"Who?" Asked Ron.

"Susan." I said.

"Shh you two." Said Hermione.

We opened the door and went in. A low growl came from inside. We saw a harp at it's feet.

"Well there you are Snape's already got past fluffy." Said Harry.

We hid under the cloak but the three headed dog was sniffing the air and looking at us. Harry took out the flute and blew. The noise that came out was more like a dying duck. But fluffy was fluttering his eyes. Harry blew again and that was enough to make his eyes close. They pulled off the invisibility cloak. Harry kept playing the flute so we could get close enough.

"Keep playing Harry." Said Ron.

They crept to the trap door and Ron looked around at us.

"I can get the door open. Want to go first Hermione, Hallie." Said Ron.

"No I don't." Said Hermione.

"Maybe, Harry?" I asked.

I peered over into the darkness then looked at Harry. He pointed at himself and I went over to him.

"You want to go first? Are you sure? I don't know how far this thing goes." Said Ron.

"I'll stay behind for last so I can continue to play." I said.

Harry nodded and I reached for the flute. He handed it to me and walked away. I started to play, once again the dog fell straight asleep. Harry climbed in holding on by his hands.

"If anything happens don't follow. Go straight to the owlery and send Hedwig to Dumbledore." Said Harry.

"Right." Said Ron.

"See you in a minute, I hope...." Said Harry.

Then he left go. There wasn't any noise and then I thump came to our ears.

"It's okay! It's a soft landing!" Yelled Harry.

Ron went first just jumping straight in. Then Hermione and me. The second I stopped playing fluffy woke and started growling.

"We must be miles under the school." Said Hermione.

"Lucky this plant thing's here." Said Ron.

"Lucky! Look at you both!" Yelled Hermione.

"Ah!" I yelled.

Me and Hermione struggled to get to the wall. We had to struggle because the plant was trying to twist around our ankles. We got free of the plant and we're standing there watching Harry and Ron struggle.

"Stop moving. I know this plant it's.... it's devil's snare." Said Hermione.

"Oh I'm glad we know what's it's called that's great help." Said Ron.

"Shut up I'm trying to remember how to kill it." Said Hermione.

"Well hurry up I can't breathe." Said Harry.

Who was trying to release it from his chest.

"Devil's snare. Professor sprouts class! She said something about it. Like it likes dark and damp." I said.

"Yes yes." Said Hermione.

"So light a fire!" Yelled Ron.

Then Ron's mouth was covered.

"Oh right! But we haven't got wood." Said Hermione.

"Wands Hermione! Wands!" I yelled.

We both held our wands out. I just copied after her and hers of bluebell fire shot out of our wands. The plant fell away from the boy moving away from the light. When they were free we back up away from the plant.

"Lucky you two pay attention in herbology." Said Harry.

"Lucky Hallie didn't lose her head. No wood? Honestly." Said Ron.

"We'll how'd you do in mortal crisis?" I asked.

"You did well." Said Ron.

"This way." Said Harry.

We followed him down a long passageway. I was examining the walls when we heard something.

"What is that?" Asked Ron.

"Do you think it's a ghost?" Asked Harry.

"I don't know, sounds like wings to me." Said Hermione.

"Wings?" I asked.

"There's light ahead." Said Harry.

We reached the end of the passageway.  We enter a brightly lit room. This room was full of shinning birds fluttering above us. Then on the opposite side was a door.

"Do you think they'll attack us if we cross the room?" Asked Ron.

"Probably, they don't look very vicious. I'll go." Said Harry.

He held his breath and took off running. But he made it there without those things caring at all. So we all followed him. The door was locked. Even after multiple trying of opening it. Even Hermione doing the Alohomora charm.

"Now what?" Asked Ron.

I looked all around the room. Watched the glittering things flout above me lazily.

"Why would they have birds here?" I asked.

"They can't be for decoration." Said Hermione.

Harry came to the center with me.

"There not birds. They're keys! Winged keys look carefully." Said Harry.

"Oh I see now." I said.

"So that must mean....yes! Look, broomsticks. We've got to catch a key." Said Harry.

"But there are hundreds." Said Hermione.

"We're looking for a big old fashion one. Probably.... silver like the handle." Said Ron.

"Ok we just got to catch a key. Come on Harry let's go." I said.

We both mounted brooms. How hard can this be? It wasn't very hard to fly but it was hard to find the key.

"That one!" Yelled Harry.

I spun around to see where he was pointing. Harry kept saying things as I kept my eyes moving around to find it. Then I did.

"Let's corner it!" I yelled.

"Ron come from the top. Hermione the bottom. Hallie left side me right." Said Harry.

We got into positions. Then Harry said now and we all dashed forward. It seems to dodge both Hermione and Ron but me and Harry were still locked on. We came at it together, it between our hands. A nasty crunching noise from between our hands and there it was. Ron and Hermione cheered.

We landed and Harry shoved it into the key hole. It works and the door swang open. He let go of the key and it slowly flew away looking worse then before.

"Ready?" Asked Harry.