43

After he was done, he untied me. I could taste blood in my mouth from biting down on my tongue too hard.

"I think you get this by now. Tell anyone and I'll hurt them. Starting with Shaun and your brother. George just for fun, just because you like him." Said Jack.

Then he left. I sat there my hands and feet now free. But he wasn't getting away with it. I rubbed my wrists. I got dressed and went to my room. Careful to not wake up Shaun I took my camera. Then went to find peeves.

After finding him and getting my book I took pictures of the redness on my neck. The rub marks on my wrists and ankles. Added them to the book with full detail of what he did to me. Peeves didn't ask any questions but I could tell he was worried. He was hovering close to me. Reading what I wrote. Every once in a while he would say he'd go get Madam Pomfrey if I wanted.

But I didn't know if I could tell anyone. I was scared, scared of what he might do. I don't know if I could take the gamble of him hurting my brother, Shaun, George, or anyone else. So I gave the book back to Peeves and said I was fine.

The next morning I woke sore. I took a shower looking at the rub marks and redness. What happened? After I got dressed and covered up the marks I read my book. Nothing. I was late though. I hurriedly got Shaun to the elves. I ran through the halls to my first class. I missed breakfast. My stomach was killing me.

Things went by normally. I went to visit Collin in the hospital wing. He got petrified. Peeves was keeping it awfully close eye on me. When I asked why he handed me the book. I read over it and was shocked at the things I wrote. I handed it back saying I couldn't deal with it now. He understood but continued to follow me.

Weeks passed with nothing happening between me and Jack. I stayed far as possible away from him. Peeves always caused a distraction when he seemed to be heading toward me. And when I was around my friends he didn't come around.

Harry came into the Great Hall and ran over to me.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey, Hallie, you coming to the dueling club?" Asked Harry.

"Sure, sounds fun." I said.

"Brilliant, see you at 8:00." Said Harry.

"Hallie, I think you might be peeves's next target. He's been following you?" Asked Ron.

"Oh, yeah. No, he just....wanted to. We're friends." I said.

"You make a weird friends Hallie." Said Ron.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 8:00 I went back to the Great Hall with my Hufflepuff friends. We all stood together waiting. I saw Harry enter and waved him over.

"I wonder who'll be teaching us?" Asked Hermione.

She stood beside Harry looking around.

"As long as it's not...no." Said Harry.

I looked up at what he saw. I groaned as I saw who was walking this way. Gilderoy Lockhart was strutting onto the stage. His robes were a deep plum color. On anyone else, I might find them nice. But seeing as it was Professor Lockhart it was revolting. Professor Snape also walked onto the stage, wearing his usual black. He looked just about how I would feel standing that close to Lockhart. Professor Lockhart waved an arm for silence.

"Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me?" Asked Lockhart.

There was a moment of silence as his eyes swept over the room. Of course, he wanted all attention on him.