27

"Harry, Hallie, how wonderful to see you dears." Said Mrs Weasley.

"Thank you for having us." I said.

"Oh of course hun." Said Mrs Weasley.

She turned back to her boys. I looked up at see a clock. But it didn't have number just pictures of Mrs Weasley and her kids. What I presumed to be Mr Weasley too.

"Beds empty! No note! Car gone! You could've died! You could've been seen!" Said Mrs Weasley.

"Don't blame them Mrs Weasley." I said.

"Of course, I don’t blame you, Hallie dear. But I will blame them." Said Mrs Weasley.

"They were starving them, Mum! There were bars on their window!" Said Ron.

"Well, you’d best hope that I don’t put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley!" Said Mrs Weasley.

I stepped in front of the boys facing her. While they cowardly turned away.

"Mrs Weasley, please don't be mad at them." I said.

"We'll do this later. You two look like you haven't eaten in weeks." Said Mrs Weasley.

"Unless you count cold soup." I said.

"Well eat up you two. Care for a spot of tea?" Asked Mrs Weasley.

"Oh yes." I said.

She began at once making the tea. Throwing sausages on to the fire. Throwing dirty looks to her boys every once in awhile.

"Here you are. I really don't blame you." Said Mrs Weasley.

She piled both me and Harry's plate full with eggs, sausages and muffins. A young red headed girl came running into the room. Along with a black cat that came straight to me.

"Mummy. Have you seen my jumper...." Said the girl.

"Um Harry?" I asked.

"Yes dear. It was on the cat." Said Mrs Weasley.

The girl was starring at Harry. She backed up, making a small squeal and ran from the room.

"Hello. W-what did I do?" Asked Harry.

"Ginny, my sister. Been talking about you all summer. Dead annoying, really." Said Ron.

"She'll be wanting your autograph." Said Fred.

Mrs Weasley sent an angry look at him.

"Harry, is this cat mine?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. That's star." Said Harry.

I picked up the cat. She was small but strong.

"Hello there." I said.

"Blimey, I'm tired. I think I'm going to bed." Said Fred.

"You will not, it's your own fault you've been up all night. You're going to de-gnome the garden for me, they're getting completely out of hand again." Said Mrs Weasley.

"Oh mum..." Said Ron.

"And you two." Said Mrs Weasley.

Ron, Fred and George nodded slowly.

"You can go up to bed, dear. You didn't ask them to fly that wretched car...." Said Mrs Weasley.

"I'll help Ron. I've never seen a de-gnoming before...." Said Harry.

"That's very sweet of you dear. But it's dull work, let's see what Lockhart's got to say on the subject." Said Mrs Weasley.

She pulled a heavy book from the stack on the mantelpiece. George groaned and I swore I saw Fred roll his eyes. I looked over at the book Mrs Weasley was holding.

"Mom, we know how to de-gnome a garden." Said George.

The cover of the book looked pretty fancy. Written across it in Gold letters where the words Gilderoy Lockhart's guide to household pets. There was also a big photograph of the wizard in front. He had blonde hair, bright blue eyes and he was good looking. But the way he kept winking up at all of us was kind of annoying.

"Oh, he is marvelous. He knows his household pets, It's a wonderful book." Said Mrs Weasley.

"Mum fancies him." Said Fred.

"Don't be ridiculous, Fred. All right if you think you know better than lockhart, you can go and get on with it. Woe betide you if there's a single gnome in that garden when I come out to inspect it." Said Mrs Weasley.

The Weasley boys slouched outside with me and Harry behind them. The garden was quite large and in my eyes exactly what a garden should be. The dursley's garden was too perfect in my opinion. In this garden there were plenty of weeds and the grass needed cutting. They were Garland trees all around the walls, plants I've never seen spilling from every flower bed and a big green pond full of frogs.

"Muggles have garden gnomes too, you know." Said Harry.

"Yeah, I've seen those things they think are gnomes. Like fat little Santa Claus with fishing rods." Said Ron.

"Yeah, that's about right." I said.

Ron stuck his head in a peony bush. There was a violent scuffing noise and the peony bush shuddered. Ron straightened up holding in his hand firmly a gnome.

"This is a gnome." Said Ron.

"Gerroff me! Gerroff me!" Yelled the gnome.

It was certainly nothing like Santa claus. It was small and lengthy looking. With a large nobly bald head exactly like a potato. Ron held it at arms length as it kicked out at him with its horny little feet. I jumped back a little so that it wouldn't grab me. Then he grasped it around the ankles and turned it upside down.

"This is what you have to do." Said Ron.

He raised the gnome above his head and started to swing it in Great circles like a lasso. I looked over to Harry to see his face was in the same shocked expression as mine.

"It doesn't hurt them, you just got to make them really dizzy so they can't find their way back to the gnomeholes." Said Ron.

Ron let go of the gnomes ankles. It flew 20 ft into the air and landed with a thud in the field over the hedge.

"Pitiful, I bet I can get mine beyond that stump." Said Fred.

I felt sorry for the poor little gnomes. That was until one decided to sink it's razor-sharp teeth into my finger. I yelp trying to shake it off me. George came over pulling it off and throwing it into a tree.

I let them finish as I went inside to wash my finger and bandage it up. I went to the car, took out my book and money then back inside. I wrote everything down. As I got finished the door opened and slammed shut. I looked up to see a older looking wizard coming in. He must be Mr Weasley. He walked in, sat down and Mrs Weasley brought him tea. The boys came in to. I got up heading to Harry's side.

"What a night, nine raids. 9! And old mundungus Fletcher try to put a hex on me when I had my back turned." Said Mr Weasley.

He took a large gulf of tea and sighed.

"Find anything, dad?" Asked Fred.

"All I got were a few shrinking door keys and a biting kettle. There was some pretty nasty stuff that wasn't in my department though. Mortlake was taken away for questioning about some extremely odd ferrets, but that's the committee on experimental charms. Thank goodness." Said Mr Weasley.

All of that sounded very interesting and strange.

"Why would anyone bother making door keys shrink?" Asked George.

"Just muggle baiting. Sell them a key that keeps shrinking to nothing so they can never find it when they need it. Of course, it's very hard to convict anyone because no muggle would admit their key keeps shrinking. Still insist they keep losing it. Bless them, they'll go to any lengths to ignore magic, even if it's staring them in the face. But the things our lot have taken to enchanting, you wouldn't believe." Said Mr Weasley.

"Like cars, for instance!!" Yelled Mrs Weasley.

She had come back from the kitchen. Mr Weasley turned slowly to look at her.