15

I went with the golden trio that night to Hagrid's. We ran through the lawn down to his hut. Using Harry's Invisibility cloak. We knock on the door and it opens showing Hagrid in oven mitts.

"Hagrid!" Said Harry.

"Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." Said Hagrid.

"We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" Yelled all of us.

The door opened again and waved us in. The hut was small with a kitchen, bed, chair, small table, and fireplace. I looked around while Harry talked. I petted the big boar-hound dog next to me. Salt shivered inside my pocket. He must be cold. Hermione sits down in the chair. She looks so small compared.

"Wait a minute. One of the teachers?" Asked Harry.

The dog now went over to Ron slobbering all over him.

"Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." Said Hermione.

"That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that." Said hagrid.

There was this sudden rattling coming from the pot in the fire. It looks like an egg. He grabs it and hurries to the table. We all crowded around the egg

"Oh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" Said Hagrid.

"Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Asked Harry.

"That? It's a ... it's um..." Said Hagrid.

"I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get one?" Said Ron.

"I won it. Off a stranger, I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid of it, as a matter of fact." Said hagrid.

We all backed up as the egg starts to rattle more. It cracks and opens sending pieces of the shell everywhere. A small baby dragon was now on the table. It squeaks and almost falls on the last remaining piece of the shell on the table.

"Is that...a dragon?" Asked Hermione.

"Oh, Merlin." I said.

"That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania." Said Ron.

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert." Said Hagrid.

"Norbert?" Asked Harry.

Ron and I suppress our laughing.

"Yeah, well, he's got to have a name, doesn't he? Don't you, Norbert?" Said Hagrid.

Hagrid scratches Norbert's chin. Norbert backs away, until he hiccups and blasts fire at Hagrid's beard. Hagrid pats it out.

"Ohh! Oooh, ooh, ooh, well...he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course." Said Hagrid.

"Your keeping it?" I asked.

"Well yea." Said hagrid.

"Hagrid this hut is made out of wood." Said Hermione.

"So?" Asked Hagrid.

"It will catch on fire. There's no way you can keep a dragon." I said.

"Who's that?" Asked Hagrid.

"Malfoy." Said Harry.

I wrote this all down. We continued to see Malfoy with a smirking look about him. But nothing ever happened. We went back to Hagrid's.

"Just let him go. Set him free." Said Harry.

"But he knows who I am. Look, Norbert, come to mummy!" Said Hagrid.

"He's lost his marbles." Said Ron.

"Hagrid he's growing." I said.

"Yeah give it two weeks and he'll be as long as your house." Said Harry.

"I know I can't keep him. But-but I can't just dump him." Said Hagrid.

"Charlie!" Said Harry to Ron.

"You're losing it too. I'm Ron remember." Said Ron.

"No- Charlie, your brother Charlie. The one in Romania that works with dragons." Said Harry.

"We could send Norbert there." I said.

"Yeah, Charlie will take care of him and release him back into the wild." Said Harry.

"Brilliant." Said Ron.

Hagrid agreed that they should send a letter to Charlie. As we parted I told Harry to keep me updated. I went to my common room falling to the couch by Ruby.

"You ok?" Asked Ruby.

"Drama. I'm not a big fan of it. Mostly when I'm not sure what's going on." I said.

"Ah." Said Ruby.

All that week I looked to Harry for answers. But he never gave me any. Then I heard he got detention. Which could only mean he was caught trying to smuggle a dragon out of the castle. Oh, I hope it was after Norbert was already gone. I hung around with Annabelle some more. I also introduced her to my Hufflepuff roommates and friends.

We all were sitting quietly doing homework in the library. We were in a secluded area behind a wall of books. It was nice to hang out and as long as we weren't too loud we could talk.

"I think I might stay here for Christmas next year. It's too boring at my house." Said Daisy.

"Same here. But our parents wouldn't like it." Said Hannah.

"They like you there?" Asked Lee.

"Yeah, everything we do is together." Said Maddy.

"Wow, that's nothing like our family." Said Theo.

Mattheo, Blaise, and Annabelle nodded.

"See why we stayed." Said Annabelle.

"You know when I first saw you I thought you were just like all the other Slytherin's. But your cool Anna." Said Lee.

"Well thank you. I try not to be anything like them." Said Annabelle.

"We all do." Said Mattheo.

"Yeah hard sometimes." Said Blaise.

"But you're getting there. That's a start, it takes years of practice in the art of disappointing your parents." Said Theo.

We all laughed silently. Then saw the Liberian walk by. We stopped and went back to our work. Soon I saw Harry pop up behind the books.

"Harry. Tell me everything now." I said.

We walked away from the others and he told me everything. I was relieved it wasn't too bad but scared he almost got hurt.

"I knew something was wrong. I felt it, you're ok though right?" I asked.

"Yeah." Said Harry.

"Good, did you get the cloak back?" I asked.

"Yep." Said Harry.

"Well then, I guess I'll get back to my studying." I said.

"Meet us tonight in the third corridor." Whispered Harry.

"Ok see you." I said.

He left and I went back to the group. They didn't ask any questions and I didn't say anything about it. Tonight....how do I do that? I couldn't focus on my work anymore so we went and got food instead.