ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇꜱ

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

"You see that one right there?" My eyes followed his finger, trying to spot whatever he was pointing to in the dark sky.

"The star?" I looked at the bright shining star, shining a little clearer than the ones next to it, almost in an enchanting way.

I could find myself slowly getting lost in the beautiful light. All the stars were glowing in the midnight sky.

"Mhm." He hummed out as I adjusted myself, placing a hand underneath my head to lay more comfortably.

I've lost track of time by now. I don't know how long we've been here, but the faint light in the horizon makes me think it's been a while.

"That's our star." I chuckled a little once he said that.

"What do you mean our star?"

"Arcturus." He quickly mumbled out as he turned to face me with a grin.

"That's your name." I frowned slightly while trying to understand him. "Your star."

"But I want it to be ours." He quietly said as the two of us turned back around to look up at the sky. "If you need me and I'm not there, just look for the light."

I could feel a small uneasiness spread in the pit of my stomach from his words, but I didn't let it show as I instead smiled at it.

"Our star." I mumbled out, already getting used to the sound of that.

But once I turned back around to face him a horrified scream left my lips.

His face was gone.

All that was left was a faded and blurry face that used to be my brothers.

Even though he didn't have any eyes I could still tell he was staring directly at me.

"You're next." The deep voice sent shivers down my spine as I tried to move, but it didn't work.

I tried to scream, but it didn't work.