ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

I bit down on my lip as we slowly walk through the small crowd that had formed on the side of the castle.

The sun was barely shining anymore, I don't even know if it was morning yet like I thought.

Because now the sky was filled with a big dark cloud.

The sky was mourning.

I tightened my hold on Mattheo's hand, feeling how the uneasiness spread through my body the further into the crowd we got.

And I don't think anything could prepare me for what we were about to see.

My eyes drifted across the crowd, immediately locking with a familiar pair of brown ones. Hermione was standing next to Ron and Ginny, a sad expression covering her face.

Once she saw me she gave me a soft smile, but the pain behind it didn't pass me by unnoticed.

I felt my heart wrench a little as a single tear slid down her cheek slowly, but nevertheless she smiled through the pain.

But when my eyes moved to what was in front of us I felt my breathing hitch.

There he was.

The headmaster I have seen everyday for the past 7 years.

He laid lifelessly on the ground, his face pale and his chest still as the only thing that moved was his hair swaying in the wind.

I placed a hand over my mouth, not being prepared to ever have to watch someone I knew lay like that.

Dead.

I felt Mattheo's hand wrap tighter around me as we came to a stop. His eyes were locked onto Dumbledore, his face hiding every single emotion as he stared at him blankly.

Uneasiness ran through my veins as I stared at the boy beside me.

Did he know?

Did he know this would happen?