ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

I held a hand over my mouth as I stared at the burnt down building.

Glass laid scattered across the floor as the once beautiful tree built house was covered in black dust.

What was once a beautiful part of the town was nothing but ruins now.

I silently watched as Mattheo stepped closer to what now only was a hole leading down towards the basement.

You could barely see where the entrance was before. The only thing you could see was a ruined staircase with nothing but emptiness filling it.

Everything that has ever felt alive here was gone.

I slowly walked towards Mattheo, seeing how he hadn't said a word yet as he was only silently staring at the disaster in front of us.

A few of the village's residents were carrying empty buckets after throwing water on the still warm place, afraid it might set fire again.

The sun was still going up since it was so early in the morning, making the already cold air become so much more unsettling.

It was like a dark cloud had gone over the village.

Like the sky mourned us.

"Mattheo..." I softly whispered out as I gently interlocked our hands, feeling how he immediately let me hold onto him without reacting.

As soon as our hands touched each other I felt him tighten his hold on me.

His eyes were locked onto the small group of people walking towards us.

They looked sadly at each other as they held onto the empty buckets.

Once they were about to pass us I watched them lock eyes with us. One of the boy's eyes flickered between the two of us as he slowed down his steps.

He couldn't be much older than us.

"Do you know what happened?" I softly asked him as I could see that he kept his eyes on us while stopping completely.