ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐒𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

As I stood there, taking in the serenity of the grassy field under the falling sun, a sense of peace settled over me.

The sun had come up again, shining brighter than ever before, because now all darkness was gone, after all these years there was nothing left.

I could barley see the top of the castle from here, the familiar school hiding behind the high tree tops.

It was there again, standing taller and brighter than ever.

The darkness was gone.

I felt a pair of arms around me in a tight embrace, a small smile growing on my lips as I already knew who it was, his warmth reassuring against the cool evening air. With him beside me, I felt like everything was finally going to be alright.

"Hey, Angel.." Mattheo murmured, his voice soft but filled with even more warmth.

I leaned back into his embrace, feeling the weight of the past years lifting off my shoulders. "Hey, you..." I replied, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips. "Did yo-"

But our moment of peace was shattered by the sound of crying-a small, heart-wrenching sob that echoed across the field.

I turned to see the two younger children, both of them standing on the grassy field in front of me.

A small frown etched itself to my face as I could see the youngest one crying, her face puffy from the tears as the older one looked at her worridly.

"Alyssa, what's wrong?" I asked, my voice tinged with concern.

"He ruined my flowers, Mommy!" Alyssa, our daughter exclaimed, her lower lip trembling as she pointed an accusatory finger at her older brother next to her.

"Aaron Sirius Black, you need to be more careful," I scolded gently, crouching down to his level. "You're the big brother, and Alyssa looks up to you. You should be comforting her, not causing her distress."

His blue eyes were glancing at me unsurely as the brown locks on top of his head were moving a little in the breeze brushing past us.

Aaron's lower lip quivered, and I could see the guilt flickering in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Mommy," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper. "It was an accident."