Ex Bestfriends

"Zoi! how much more time will you take? For God's sake we're going to shop for the wedding not actually going to that wedding right now yaar!!!"

Eshal stares at her bestfriend who was standing infront of dressing mirror busy adorning herself for almost two hours as if they were going to any function.

Zoya called her in the noon and asked to accompany her to shopping since there's a wedding event of one of her relatives she has to attend tomorrow's evening and Zoya is someone who wants new clothes, new jewelry and accessories for every new event despite her wardrobe filled with sack of these things.

"Eshu will you pls shutup and let me get ready." Zoya stopped blending the foundation on her face and glared at her through mirror before continuing it back.

"You're saying this for past one hour yaarrr. I'm getting bored by looking at your constant movements." Eshal whined while rolling on the bed.

Her friend takes forever to get ready.

"You know what I'm thinking about your husband. What will happen to him when he'll get married to you? ahh poor soul will cry holding his head!!!" Eshal laughed out imagining the state of her husband.

"Ha ha very funny Esha!!!" Zoya huffed in annoyance at her constant rantings and increased her pace to get done with her makeup as soon as possible inorder to make her shut.

"Btw I forgot to ask, what about your visa process? when are you leaving for New York??" This time Eshal asked seriously.

"I don't know! I'm still waiting for the visa. I just hope it comes soon so I can get rid of this house atleast for a while." Zoya answered while applying blush on her cheekbones. She has applied for NY visa and for scholarship in one of the universities there not so long ago, now she is waiting for their response.

"You mean get rid of your dushman-e-jaan??" Eshal looked at her furrowing her eyebrows.

"The sole reason why I want to leave so ofcourse yeah!!! Also I don't have to listen to mama's scoldings. I'll travel alot, I'll have my freedom like I want and hopefully I'll meet my prince charming there as well who will be sweet, gentle, loving and caring with whom I'll fall in love unlike that monster kadoos." Zoya chirped with excitement and chapped her lips together as she was done applying the lipstick as well. She just can't wait to go NYC and fulfill her every wishes and dreams.

"Zoi! you'll marry an american??" Eshal was taken back by her words.

"If the man would be according to my standards then why not?? These Asian men are good for nothing."

"But Zain bhai is also not that bad yaar as you always describe him. Are you forgetting once upon a time he used to be your bestfriend?"

At the mention of bestfriend, Zoya stopped in her track and for a moment her body went stiff. A whirlwind of emotions triggers her mind as she felt a knot in her heart.

She placed the lipstick back on the dressing and turned around facing Eshal, "Bestfriend? yes he used to be my bestfriend but not anymore when he showed me his true colors. Now you're my only true friend. I regret sharing those moments with him which turned into a memory I can't forget no matter how hard I try. It's engraved in my soul but He is no one to me understand??"

Eshal instantly felt guilty for bringing up that topic when she knows how sensitive Zoya is regarding that incident which had took away the person who used to mean everything to her once a time.

She walked to her and held her hands squeezing it in a soothing manner, "Acha na I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you in any way. I won't talk about it anymore, I promise!!!"

Zoya just nodded her head in response and took a deep breath to control her emotions.

"Now tell me are you done or not? Or do I have to wait for another hour?" Eshal changed the topic and made a face like she would cry anytime soon. Zoya chuckled and slapped her head playfully.

"Haha don't worry I'm done. Let me just give a final touch up." Zoya turned back to the mirror and sprayed a nice scent perfume over her body before running her hand in her hair which was falling on her waist. She smiled while scanning herself, satisfied with her look. She was dressed in a pink floral frock reaching upto her knees along with blue jeans making her appear pretty, beautiful and classy.

She is not your typical desi girl who'd wear desi clothes as she likes to be modern.

"Let's go!!!" Zoya grabbed her purse from the wardrobe then both friends left to Hania's room since she was also going with them or to be more precisely Zoya is forcefully taking her out as she tends to stay in her room after coming back from school, hardly socializing.

As they three walk out to porch, at the same time Zain and Zamin was seen coming back from work.

"Asalam o Alaikum." Zain greeted the girls, expect for Zoya ofcourse who wasn't affected as well. Zamin's heart skipped a beat when his eyes caught a glimpse of Eshal, the rest cease to exit. His eyes shone with amusement upon noticing how beautifully she was dressed in a red long embroidery salwar kameez, her head wrapped up in a matching scarf. Her this simplicity and innocence is what always charmed him.

"Dude! stop oogling at her as if you'd eat her alive right then and there." Zain whispered to Zamin while nudging him which broke his chain of trance. At that moment he realized, he had been staring at her for a quite while now.

"Ae have some respect, she is your bhabhi." Zamin sneered at him for ruining his beautiful trance of his jaaneman and turned to the ladies clearing his throat.

"May I know where this squad is heading to at this time??" He inquired while traveling his gaze from Hania to Zoya then at last stop at Eshal who felt shy under his gaze.

"Zoya wanted to buy things for tomorrow's event so we are going to shopping mall." Hania was the one to answer him.

"Oh! then let me accompany you guys too." Zamin didn't want to leave any change of staying close to Eshal.

"Bro! you must be tired from the long day specially when you have a boss like him." Zoya spoke, giving Zain a side look who in return glared at her.

"No no I'm not tired at all. I can drive you guys. Moreover I'm not letting you girls go alone at this time."

"We were gonna go with driver but if you are insisting so then fine!" Zoya agreed, seeing how her brother was ogling at her friend from time to time.

Zain felt tired standing there listening to their endless talks so he prepare to head inside when Zamin pulled him back.

"Where are you going? Come with us."

"No thanks! I'm not in the mood to deal with your witchy sister." He refused, not in the mood to entertain the witch.

"'Fine! take this with you then." Zamin scrunched his nose and hand over his bag to him.

Before going inside Zain stopped near Zoya, "Btw Eshal! teach some sense of dressing to your friend too0. This kind of dressing is a style of bazari aurat, not of gharelu larkiyan."

Although he said to Eshal but his gaze was fixed on Zoya and the change of emotions he saw in her pair of brown eyes after what he said, satisfied him. With that he walked inside leaving everyone shocked.

"Oye Zain! How dare you sprout such nonsense about her!!!" Zamin yelled angrily from behind but Zain was already inside.

Zoya stood there froze, without her knowing tears had filled her eyes. His each and every word has prick her heart as if someone has stabbed her heart with a knife. He indirectly called her characterless even though she was dressed properly.

"Zoya! Don't take his crap to your heart. You know na he said that to hurt you. Don't worry I'll take his class when we'll be back, he is being too much." said Hania while putting her hand on her shoulder.

"I-I don't wanna go anymore...you guys carry on." Saying, Zoya ran inside.

"Zoya!!!" Eshal instantly ran behind her, followed by Hania and Zamin.