Mehndi ceremony ✨

Zoya was sitting in front of dressing mirror like a statue, staring at her reflection emotionlessly as Hania was busy adorning her face with makeup while Eshal was straightening her long wavy hair, getting her ready for the tonight function.

Today is her mehndi (henna) ceremony, one of the pre-wedding rituals and tomorrow will be her nikkah with Zain, the man she has always loathes. She was not sure if she was still ready for it. Everything was happening so fast that she couldn't comprehend anything. She wanted to stop whatever was happening and run far away but nothing seemed to be working.

Few days back she was dreaming of flying to heights of success while fulfilling her dreams but now she was getting tied down to the man. Her hope, her dreams, her carefree life, everything came down crushing like a broken glass and to break these things were none other than the people who claimed to love her.

It pained her greatly thinking the father who she thought was her ideal, her hero and she was his little doll, his life, his princess, who never said no to her any wish and demand ever since her childhood was now getting her married against her will.

She never thought she would have to witness such a day in her life.

"Zoi look up." Hania's voice broke Zoya's chain of thoughts and she obliged with her instruction as she applied kohl on her brown eyes, giving her a smokey look.

"It's done." Hania exclaimed with a smile when she was done with the make over. Eshal was also done straightening her hair and let them fall freely on her waist before spraying the hair setting spray all over.

Zoya glanced in the mirror to see the result. Hania had done a soft and subtle makeup according to today's event making her appear simply beautiful and mesmerizing. Her skin was glowing with all the homemade remedies she had applied throughout the week as told by Meera and Fariya.

"Shall I paint your nails as well??" Asked Eshal to which Zoya nodded her head in response, absent-mindedly. Within a few minutes her recently manicured nails were painted in yellow color.

"I think this pink and white gajray will go well with your dress, what do you say??" Hania went through several sacks of jewelleries and picked out the flower garland bracelet and earrings which she thinks goes perfectly with her mehndi dress.

Zoya was silent again, staring at her blankly having no interest whatsoever.

"Here is your dress, now go get change, everyone must be waiting for you." Eshal hand her the dress and pushed her inside the washroom before closing the door. She then looked at Hania and both wiped the sweat beads from their foreheads while exhaling a long sigh out.

They had a really hard time convincing Zoya to get ready for the function since she was hell bent on not going to the parlor and attending her mehndi ceremony therefore they had to get her ready themselves.

Shortly, Zoya came from the washroom wearing the lovely yellow peshwas reaching till floor with resham and pearl work on it, earning a gasp from Hania and Eshal.

"Woah Zoi!!! Just look at yourself girl." Both of them exclaimed in awe. She was looking simple yet breathtakingly beautiful.

Eshal made her wear the flower jewelry which completed her look. Zoya looked at her reflection in the mirror to see the final look which somewhat satisfied her.

They did a good job.