Traitor who??

"What's going on here???"

Zain's deep and furious voice bloomed in the hall cutting through the eerie silence as he eyed his employees dangerously making them shudder in their place. There had been one rule in the company and that is he hates employees going around creating unnecessary drama rather than focusing on the tasks they had been assigned to carry out their duties.

"Aee what are you all filming huh? Put your damn phones down!!!" Zamin growled at the crowd upon noticing they were still recording. Everyone flinched at that and lowered their phones right away, afraid of the consequences that might come their way.

"If I see any of the shit posted on the internet then better prepare for your funeral, understand??" He warned them and they knew any better than to go against him.

Amidst the chaos Zain's gaze shifted to his wife and his squinted eyes softened at the sight of her, subsiding his anger for the time being. As their gazes met, the strong facade Zoya had been keeping on in front of people crumbled down as soon as she found the unwavering support, comfort and protection of her husband by her side. The pool of tears she had been holding back gushed out of her eyes as the result of the hurt caused by the false allegations made upon her as every hateful comment she had heard about herself was still lingering in her ear drums. She felt suffocating, breathing the same air as them.

"Zain!!!" Zoya called out to him, her voice merely above whisper as she sobbed embracing him tightly without caring about her surroundings, knowing she didn't have to be strong anymore, she could rely on him for he came to her rescue, to put them into their right place, to hold her, console her and fight the world for her. 

"Zoi what happened???" Zain was bewildered watching her cry like a baby as he cupped her face and inquired worriedly. He has never seen her that broken, as far as he knows her, she is not that weak to cry over trivial things.

Without uttering anything, Zoya eyed the staff who were watching them with shock and disbelief, still processing the newfound news of their marriage. She glared at those three girls who had the audacity to accuse her and question her character through teary eyes and Zain followed her line of vision before she looked back at him with fresh tears rolling down to her cheeks. No words were exchanged between them as her doe eyes spoke volumes conveying which words couldn't as Zain understood the gravity of the situation.

He turned to his so-called employees and stared at them deadly, making them shiver, "What have you done that hurt my wife and made her cry???"

Hearing the word wife everyone around gasped. Those who were having doubts about what Zoya had revealed a while ago were convinced now that they both are married. When their boss himself confirmed their relationship by calling her wife it was obvious then.

Zain kept glaring at the receptionist and interns as none of them answered him, having no courage to speak.

"I'm asking you all something, answer me dammit!!!" This time he literally roared, demanding to know the truth, scaring the hell out of everyone present there in the hall. Even though they wanted to flee for their lives, no one had the courage to move their feets.

"Kya howa? saap kyu soong gaya hai tum teeno ko? Say those things again to him which you dared to told me!!!" Wiping the tears with the back of her palm and composing herself, Zoya exclaimed bitterly. The receptionist and interns were still silent, constantly trembling with fear, too scared of the consequences if they open their darn mouths, adding to Zain's frustration. He swore If they were not women he'd grab them from their throats and make them speak.

"Adeel! What happened here??" He turned his attention to Adeel and inquired from him rather than wasting his energy on those girls.

Adeel who had been silent the whole while comprehend for a moment before explaining, "Someone has spread rumors in our whatsapp group that Zoya is having an affair with you secretly. Since no one knew you two were married, they accused her and called her names for coming here to meet you."