Her past

Under the heated rays of sunlight, Hania was standing at the premise of her school, looking at her wrist watch every other minute waiting for her family driver to pick her up as her school hours were over. The driver seemed to be taking his time and on top of that the sun was at its full peak that she felt like she'd melt anytime soon under the heated glow.

"Hania!!!"Just as she kept waiting for the driver, she heard someone calling her name from behind making her go numb in every sense as for a moment she forgot to breathe. Many emotions at once erupt inside her body which was hard to pinpoint.

Fear! Anxiety! Pain! Agony! And what not!

Please please please Allah let it not be him!!!!She prayed to God in her heart that the person whose voice she had heard just now let it not be him because he was the least person she wanted to meet again in her life.

Her Ex-Husband.

"Hey it's been long, how are you???" 

Hania mustered up all the courage that was left in her body and glanced at the tall man that stood before her, meeting his hopeful eyes with no sign of any emotions present in her own. She took in his state and observed how Hasham, her ex, looked weak and vulnerable compared to the last time she had seen him. His hair was disheveled and messy, clothes looked like they weren't ironed properly, had dark circles under his eyes that they seemed deprived of sleep from ages and his facial features had lost all of its charm over the years that she hardly recognised it was actually him for he used to have a powerful, proudy and dominating aura as well as personality.

"Alhamdulillah I've been so great since I left you." It was a lie tho but Hania didn't want to appear weak infront of him. After making her life hell, he had the guts to ask her how she was doing now.

"Glad to hear that and witness you're actually doing well." Hasham smiled weakly, a hint of guilt can be sensed in his voice. Guilt of his wrongdoings towards her.

"I was just passing by. I didn't expect to meet you here again. This was the place where we met for the first time." Hasham took a troll of their surroundings, unleashing their tucked away memories. It was the place where everything had begun between them.

At that mentioning Hania clutched her purse tightly and closed her eyes for a fleeting moment not wanting to reminisce about her horrible past and be traumatized for next few days or even months as tears welled up in her eyes. She swore if she'd stay there any longer breathing the same air as him she would lose her composure. 

"I wish we had never crossed paths, I don't wanna meet you ever again." Flashing a cold stern look to him, Hania walked away just as the car she was anticipating for pulled at front, leaving Hasham in his daze of regret behind.

Reaching back at home, Hania had locked herself in her bedroom for the rest of the day and cried her heart out infront of her Lord on the prayer mat because HE is the only one who can heals the pain and take away the sorrows from one's heart and only in the remembrance of Lord one can find his/her solace. All the memories of past 6 years she had suppressed and buried deep within her resurfaced after meeting with Hasham which had triggered the depression and traumas she was fighting with herself almost every other day. Fariya was getting worried sick for her daughter, she had tried every possible means to get Hania out of the room but all went in vain hence in the end Fariya left her on her own to give her some space.

The day passed but Hania was still confined inside the four walls of her bedroom, now tucked away on her bed in the cocoon of soft fluffy blanket. Pressing a small scan picture of a baby on her chest as if seeking comfort from that particular non-existing figure who was once part of her womb, she shed tears and sobbed silently.