Prologue

"Zain Malik wald Farhan Malik apka Nikkah Zoya Malik wald Rehman Malik se karwaya jata ha kya apko qabool ha??" 

With this question raised by the Imam once again, Zain's emotionless black orbs traveled to the partition between them. He could see through Zoya and for some reason his blood boiled and his sharp eyes automatically squinted into a glare. The thought of having her as his wife didn't sit well with him and how it could be when the girl he had hated ever since his childhood, the girl who has made his life hell and will be continuing doing so until death do them apart, how could he even think of marrying her? She was better off as his cousin only.

On the other side Zoya wasn't less furious seeing how he was glaring at her like he would tear her apart anytime soon. She gestured to him to refuse secretly since she couldn't and hoped the idiot got her signal.

"Zain speak!!!" Fariya, who was sitting next to him, urged him in a warning tone understanding his intentions when he was silent longer than needed and busy glaring at poor Zoya.

"Qubool hai!!!" Unwillingly he voiced the words while his sharp eyes were still fixed on her. Mostly grooms would look at his bride with love-filled eyes and a huge smile lingering on his lips saying Bols but here he was having the urge to kill himself before becoming her husband.

"Here, sign it." Imam forwarded the pen and the nikkah papers to him.

Zain glanced down at the papers and then back to Zoya. Signing these papers means she will be legally his wife and in no hell way he wants that but seeing how his mother and father were glaring at him like they would burn him alive if he did anything wrong, he had no choice but to sign them.

Zain forcefully signed the papers sealing their names, life and fate together until death does them apart.

"I swear Zain I will kill you if you sign them. Please don't...no no no." Zoya was praying in her heart hoping he wouldn't do it but when she heard him say Qubool and then saw him signing the papers her heart almost stopped pumping. It was in his hands to stop this marriage from happening but what the hell he just did??

                                   .............. 

"Sign these papers!!! I can't live with a jerk like you anymore." Zoya threw the piece of paper on his face furiously which slipped down and landed on his feet, startling him in the process. Zain cast his eyes down at the papers laying on the floor, scattered. The bold letters written at the heading caught his attention which had his eyes widening in shock.

'DIVORCE PAPERS'

He snapped his gaze towards his wife and stared at her for a fleeting moment before masking his shocked expression with his usual cold emotionless neutral one. The line of bitterness adored his features as he recalled the events that took place in their life recently.

A sarcastic humorless chuckle left past his lips as he marched towards her and gripped her forearm tightly drawing her close to him, "You want divorce from me? When Irony is that I should be the one divorcing you for being cheated on like that behind my back. I should be the one punishing you for playing with my emotions. You freaking broke my trust and faith which I had over you once again. I THOUGHT YOU WERE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER GIRLS BUT Y'ALL WOMEN ARE SAME!!!"

Zain spat out venomously, boring directly in her brown orbs with nothing but extreme rage which once were his solace, his peace, his home, his entire world used to reside in these brown orbs. Zoya was taken back watching the intensity of hate for her in his eyes. He was no longer her teasious, sweet and caring Zay for whom she was head over heels. He was that devil and monster Zain Malik she had always loathed.

"When you're not willing to give me a chance to explain or hear me out for once then think whatever the hell you want. I don't freaking care. I just don't!!! Me and my Allah knows I am innocent and that's enough for me. I don't need to prove it to the entire world. Just sign these divorce papers and free me with this disgusting name of yours." She yelled back, blinking back the tears, threatening to escape her eyelids, her voice shivered at the end. Just the mere thought of separation from him shook her entire being wholly but she had to do it for the sake of her self respect and dignity.

"You will get your signed papers as you wish. NOW GET OUT AND DON'T SHOW ME YOUR UGLY FACE EVER AGAIN." Zain gripped her arm again and pushed her towards the door. Zoya couldn't control her tears anymore as she let them flow freely down to her cheeks. She has been loyal to him since day one. She was innocent yet he was willing to throw her out from his life as if she was a trash, as if she meant nothing to him.

"Falling head over heels for you and then loving you with my heart and soul was my biggest mistake and you prove me wrong every time. You are such a big jerk, idiot, donkey, duffer, asshole. I hate you Zain, I hate you!!!" 

Before leaving the room, she made it known to him but Her words didn't seem to affect him even a one bit of an ounce as he just scoffed bitterly.

"Huh!!! As if I love you Zoya. I will never love you little witch." That broke her into so many billions of pieces that now it was hard for her to rekindle again.

                           ................................

I just realized I hadn't uploaded the prologue earlier so here it is. A little spoiler from future chapters as well 🤭😉