Kheer rasam

"I'm gonna ask you for the first and last time, answer me honestly, are you really pregnant??" Zain stepped close and bore into her eyes intently, telling her he was in no mood for such playfulness. When they haven't done anything other than hugging and kissing then how come she could fall pregnant however her next words shocked him to the core.

"Yes I am!!!!" After a pause she further added, "Pregnant with food poisoning." 

"Huh?" This time her words had left him puzzled. Pregnant with food poisoning?? What the hell is she even saying??

"My health hasn't been good since noon. It's probably food poisoning but they assumed that I might be pregnant with a baby!!!" Zoya explained with the same bored expression on her face. She didn't bother to clarify anything to her family because she knew their mothers won't buy it as they recently returned from their honeymoon aur bhala honeymoon jaate hi kis liye hain shadi ke baad? Also her health suddenly deteriorating was like a cherry on top, leading them to think she is pregnant.

At the mention of her health, Zain's heart raced with panic. Just then he noticed how weak, pale and exhausted she looked. Is this why she wasn't responding to his calls and msgs?

"What happened, are you alright? Did you call the doctor and take the medicine?? You could've called me, I'd take you to hospital!!!" Zain cupped her face and caressed her cheeks with a mixture of affection and concern.

"Would you have come leaving all your work for me??" A smile made its way on Zoya's lips as she closed her eyes for a fleeting moment to feel his touch and warmth she had missed and yearned for the whole day. Her mind which seemed it'd burst anytime with an excruciating headache subsided and the tiredness her body was feeling flew away into the air like it didn't exist in the first place having him, her husband by her side.

One single touch from your beloved person and shoo you are all good to go again. Only he holds this effect over her, to heal her with his mere touch.

"Ofcourse!!! nothing is more important than my wife's health. The whole world can wait." Zain remarked as he clasped her hand and guided her to the bed. Making her carefully sit on the bed, he fished out his phone from his pants pocket and searched for their family doctor's number.

"Who are you calling???" Zoya questioned him curiously upon seeing him holding the phone near to his ear.

"Dr. Ayla!!!" His one word left her speechless. At the same time her heart fluttered with immense warmth. A wide smile adorned on her face. Aish!! Whenever this man shows his concern for her, she tends to fall head over heels for him ten times more than she already is.

"I'm fine Zain! it's not that serious." 

"For me your health is pretty much serious." 

She didn't argue further, knowing nothing can stop him once he is serious about something. Within one hour the doctor came and did Zoya's checkup thoroughly. She told them she was indeed suffering from food poisoning because of the unhealthy diet and junk food she had been consuming for straight two weeks on their honeymoon. She prescribed her a few medicines and told her to refrain from eating unhealthy until she gets completely better.

When their family came to know that Zoya wasn't pregnant they were pretty much disappointed. They were all already to welcome their little heir however Zoya told them it was their own fault for assuming way too far and that too this early, she was not ready for a baby yet. She had certain goals in her life to complete before starting a family and Zain was completely fine with her demand. Moreover it's been only two weeks since their marriage. It's too soon for them to jump for a baby.

                                          ***

Next day Zoya woke up feeling all energetic and refreshed and why won't she? when her husband had pampered her with his utmost care the whole night. From feeding her healthy soup and meds to giving her a body massage and putting her to sleep in his arms. Besides that, after taking the medicines she was feeling better today. Now she was planning to fall sick often because Zain rarely shows his affection towards her.