The unwanted feud

The door of an old, shabby and dirty basement swung open as Zain entered inside with all his grace accompanied by the well built bodyguards following suit. The air was thick, suffocating to the lungs, the scent of must and decay hangs heavy mingling with the metallic tang of blood. The entire basement was bathed in darkness with dim, flickering lights casting eerie shadows on the cracked, damp walls creating an atmosphere of palpable fear and despair. A small bulb was hanging loose in the middle of the ceiling illuminating that area only under which a man sits bound to a chair half conscious, his face and body bruised badly, soaked with his own blood gushing out from his torn skin. His state was weak, disheveled and vulnerable from the extreme torture men had been inflicting upon him which had him whimpering in pain and begging for mercy, just like Zain wanted.

As he approached the scene unfolding before him, the men torturing the poor man paused their actions and straightened up. Zain slipped his hands in his jeans pockets and fixed his sharp fierce gaze at the man who looked up at him, flickering his eyes with the remaining energy left in his body. His eyelids which had been struggling to stay apart, weighing with drowsiness widened with shock upon finding Zain standing before him towering over him like a predator, a wave of goosebump coursed through his body when his gaze locked with his dark, cold icy one.

"Wh-why...h-have yo-you..captured...m-me.. here? Ple-please...spare...m-me!!!" Spitting out a mouthful of blood, The man managed to mutter, his voice shivering with fear. When the great Zain Malik was standing in front of him, how could he not be scared for his dear life? No one wishes to witness his devil and dangerous side for he can be cruelest and merciless beyond one's imagination.

Zain ignored his plea effortlessly and shifted his gaze to his men and flashed them a questioning look which was enough for them to understand what he wanted to know.

"Boss! We've tried everything but he ain't spilling anything. He's stubborn as hell!!!" One of them informed, smacking the man's head earning a painful grunt from his mouth.

Zain turned his attention back to the man who shivered again at the intensity of his gaze that could cut through the soul if possible. He wore black leather gloves and grabbed two sharp blades from the weapons table, kneeled down in front of him and scratched the metal with each other as if sharpening the blade. The man's face paled with terror watching his movements as he swallowed the dry lump formed in his throat, his body began to shiver badly out of fear and horror upon sensing the Devil's intentions. Not only him, the guards and other men present there also felt goosebumps coursing through their veins.

"Tell me where should I start from? Shall I chop your feet first and make biryani out of it with which you dared to spy my wife huh??" Zain's voice turned heavy with rage as he took hold of his right foot, twisted it in one swift motion and trailed the blade from his ankle to his toes without digging into his flesh, just threatening him to pierce his skin into shreds. Yesterday when Zoya had left the company after encountering Armaan, this man followed her to spy on her however the secret guards Zain had hired for her protection caught him before he could attempt to do something or worst harm her, captured him in their basement and tortured him in order to get the information for whom he was working.

"Yo-your...wife??" That man was shocked at that revelation.

"Yes, my wife joh mujhe apni jaan se bhi zayda aziz ha, ek karash bhi bardasht nahi kar sakta mein uspar. Agar uske liye poori duniya bhi jalani pari toh jala dalunga ankhein band karke bina kisi ki parwa kiye. Hurting her means hurting my soul brutally and you know well how conscious I am of myself." Zain expressed furiously.

[Yes, my wife, who is dearer to me than my own life, I can't tolerate even a scratch on her. If I have to set the entire world on fire for her, I'll do it with my eyes closed without caring about anything else!!!]