Emotional blackmailing

"How can you both decide everything on your own without consulting with me for once huh? Ain't I yours one and only daughter? Baba! you always says that I'm your little princess, your jaan then how could you do that to me?? Even if you thought of marrying me off, you found that jerk of all people??"

Zoya was continuously throwing tantrums at her parents for what just took place back at the dinning for the past fifteen minutes. She was very much hurt and disappointed that they took the most important decision of her life without informing her. They didn't even bother to ask her for once.

"Since you're hell bent on going to New York therefore we decided to get you married." Meera spoke, getting irritated with her noisiness.

"Enlighten me mom what my marriage has to do with me going to New York???" She looked at her mother with a frown and rested her hands on her hips before shifting her gaze to her father who was sitting silently. Meera gestured her husband to make their foolish daughter understand their reasons for getting her married.

"Come here." Reheman sighed and patted the empty space on the bed beside him but Zoya didn't budge from her place. She stood folding her arms with a swollen face, showing them how displeased and angry she was.

"Zoya dear please come here, Let's talk it out calmly." This time Rehman requested which softened Zoya's heart but she didn't dare show it on her face and silently sat beside her father, still pulling out a sulking face.

Rehman cupped her cheeks and made her look at him, "I know what we did was wrong, we should've consulted with you first but baby I'm your father, I'll never do something wrong for my little princess. I thought a lot before deciding about your and Zain's marriage. After what happened to Hani, I can't trust outsiders. I want to give you in safe hands, to people whom I can trust blindly. Zain is our own family member, my brother's son, our blood. He grew up in front of my eyes so I can trust him and rely on him for my daughter with all I have. Yes he's not a perfect and ideal man you desire to be with but dear we all are born with imperfections. If God has made a person with imperfections then there will be some perfections as well. All I know is that he is mature and a responsible man who can take care of you like me and your brother do.

Zoya! you're my princess, my jaan and the coolness of my eyes. I can't stay a day without seeing you, I love you more than anything and I mean it therefore I took that decision. Look na in that way you won't leave us. You'll live with all of us even after marriage but only if you both want."

Rehman finished explaining and looked at Zoya with expectant eyes hoping she got his point of view. It's not only about the promise he had made to Farhan. Being a father, he feared for his daughter's fate especially after the failure of Hania's marriage. She suffered greatly in the hands of animalistic people and that was the lesson for them to not give their daughters to strangers blindly ever again. 

"Baba! Did you forget what he did to me? I can't forgive him for that. Moreover I'm not ready for marriage yet. Meri umer hi kya ha?? I have my dreams, my goals, my career, my future. I can't marry right now." Zoya was still reluctant, she can't marry him after what he did to her, besides she was still young for marriage, she has so many things to explore before finally settling down.

"That was all in the past, Zoya. You two were kids and immature at that time. Life gives much more sorrows and wounds to our heart and soul and you are stuck on the same incident over these years. Forget it already and move on." Meera tried to reason with her.

"Dear! no one is stopping you from achieving your dreams. We talked to bhai and bhabhi and they said you can continue your studies after marriage. We just want you two to get married before your visa comes so that Zain will accompany you to New York. We can't send you thousands of miles away alone."