Married

With DSP ridiculous demand of conducting the nikkah with the reasoning that the constable had found them in an imitate position in the middle of the road, Affan and Hania were left in a huge dilemma and compromising situation. They tried to tackle the situation by reasoning the DSP that the constable might have mistook them, they were just going home. They even tried to use their family card only to hear "This station runs on law enforcement, your family's name and status won't work here." in response. The officer was as stubborn as a bull. He arranged for Qazi and two witnesses. Hania was left with no choice she had to call Zain for being her Wali (the male guardian mandatory for Nikkah) Just like that a small Nikkah ceremony took place, the vows were exchanged between them and now they both are married lawfully, husband and wife by God's grace as they three came out of police station, worn out.

"All the rules of law apply only to us in this entire corrupt country. Great!!!" Affan mumbled as he ran his hand in his hair exasperatedly. If this nikkah had taken place under normal circumstances if he'd be elated, happiest person on the earth and would dance his heart out but at that time he didn't knew whether he should be happy that his prayers were answered and his hani was his wife now or rather cry at how they got married. What will they tell their family?? That thought was eating him alive.

"It was bound to happen. Me, you or no one else has a say in it. Allah wanted it this way so be it. Comon you two should celebrate." Zain remarked, trying to cheer them up. Affan heaved a sigh and glanced at Hania who was standing there with her head lowered gazing at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing at that moment. She didn't have the courage to look at him.

"I guess you guys need some time to process everything. I will drop her home." Looking at his sister's absentminded state, Zain suggested to which Affan agreed and walked up to her.

"Hani??" He called out to her while taking her hands into his palm causing her to lift her head and look at him. For a moment their eyes met and many unsaid things and emotions were conveyed through that gaze.

"Do you trust me??" Affan asked, rubbing his thumbs on her hands as if trying to comfort her and his soft touch and warmth helped it. Hania wanted to say she trusted him blindly with her life but all she could do was nod her head meekly in response.

"Then have faith in me. I'll make everything alright. I have always fought for you till now and will continue to fight for us until my last breath even if it means going against the whole world. You have my words, if I fail to keep them may Allah punish me. Let's take our time and then we'll tell everyone okay?" He squeezed her hands assuring her with his heart warming smile. His words lifted off the weight of heaviness from her heart as she felt a little bit relieved from the stress.

"I trust you. You always keep your promises." For one thing she knows for sure is that he is always true to his words and she don't need to stress too much regarding their situation for she know he'll handle it well. She has full faith in him after her Allah. They kept gazing into each other's orbs and smiled genuinely for the first time amidst the chaos probably. Affan cupped her cheeks and by leaning his face he pressed his lips on her forehead ever so softly and gently that made her squeeze her eyes shut in pleasure. That kiss conveyed so many things at once, love, contentment, commitment, trust, faith, loyalty, promise and assurance.

His lips lingers for a few moment as he feel her to his heart content, inhaling the toxicating scent of her hair, causing her heart to race rapidly as they both savored the moment , finding solace in each other warmth.

"Ahem! Sorry for being a third wheeler but we are in public right now. Continue your romance in your room later." Zain faked a cough, making his presence known to them in case they forget it. Affan let her go and Hania missed his warmth immediately. She never feels the kind of solace she feels with him. Now that he is her husband, she'll experience these feelings quite a lot more.