Marriage

"What is it???" Everyone looked at the two curiously. Both brothers exchanged looks and smiled heartedly making everyone even more curious.

"Ohh just say what is it, Farhan??" Haider urged his son impatiently, getting irritated with their suspense.

"Ammi! Abbu! Do you both remember the promise me and Bhai had made 22 years ago??" Rehman asked his parents who exchanged questioning looks with each other before nodding their heads. Youngsters were staring at their parents curiously. No one had the idea what both brothers had promised each other years ago.

"Can we all also know which promise are you both talking about??" Haina finally thought to inquire about this promise thing.

"22 years ago when Zoya was born, she was a very cute and beautiful baby.That day she completed our family. As days passed and she grew up, Zain's admiration also increased for her. He used to cling to her 24/7 and was very possessive not in the brotherly way so we four decided to name their relationship more than just cousins. Now it's time to fulfill our that promise and get them married." Farhan announced, shocking Zain and Zoya to the core.

"What!!!!" Both exclaimed looking at each other and then glanced at their respected parents in disbelief. Not only them, Zamin and Hania were shocked too.

"What are you saying Baba/Taya jaan??? that's not possible. I'll never marry this witch/bastard!!!" Both shouted at the same time again, disagreeing with Farhan's statement. It's ridiculous to think of getting them married, they can't stand each other's face and here they are talking about their marriage.

"Baba! Are you kidding with us? Zain, Zoya and married?? hahaha that's so funny. I told to marry her off to someone else so we all could get some peace but you decided to marry her to this moron. Marrying them means calling to the death or a world war 3 ultra pro max ahaha." Zamin burst into laughter, imagining his best friend and sister getting married to each other. A hell would likely break out for sure.

"Also couples who are match made in heaven get married, not the matches made in hell." Hania added and joined Zamin in laughing as they shared a high five. Fariya and Meera glared at both which had them muffling their mouths even so they failed to stuff their laughter.

"How can you all decide everything without discussing with us, let alone even asking from us. For which sin are you gonna punish me baba??" Zain fumed in anger.

"Ofcourse for the sin you've committed in childhood, for what you did to my little flower." Haider sneered at him for which Saniya smack his arm before turning her gaze to Zain and Zoya.

"I don't get why you two are creating a fuss over the matter. Keeping your clashes aside, what's wrong in marrying each other? It'll strengthen the roots of our family and your fathers' brotherly bond with each other for as long as they can live." She spoke in the favor of her sons. Zain and Zoya looked at her in disbelief. Is that all the reasons for getting them married??

"And what about our feelings, our emotions, our opinions, our lives doesn't that count, Dadi? I don't want to marry a monster like him. He is not even an inch close to my dream man." Zoya spat out while throwing daggers at Zain through her eyes. Never in her wildest dreams did she imagine him to be her husband. He doesn't even fit in her ideal husband's standards.

"Huh! as if I'm dying to marry you. Who would want to marry a lizard of a witch like you." Zain retorted back, if he doesn't fit in her standards so does she. Zoya fumed in anger and about to shot back when Farhan banged on the table, making them flinch.

"Shutup both of you!!!! No one is asking for your opinions. We are your parents, we know what is good and bad for you two so we can make decisions for you. The things which you can't identify but we can predict. From two weeks onwards, it is decided that Zain and Zoya's Nikkah will be held on Friday and the Walima on the following day. That's final no more discussion!!!" Farhan declared with enough authority, dropping another bomb on everyone. With that he rose from his seat and walked out of dining room leaving them shocked.

When he declares out a decision then there is no one who can make him go back on his words. Fariya and Zain went after him right away.

"Baba this can't...." Zoya started to say when Rehman cut her off.

"You heard your taya dear." He was also firm on his decision. With that he got up and left for his room followed by Meera. Zoya instantly ran after them, she wasn't having it.

"Are they really getting them married???" Zamin looked at his grandparents questionably, still unable to digest the fresh spicy announcement.

"Tenu lagda ha ke tera taya ohh sab mazak wich bakk ke gaya ha."

Haider and Sania nodded nonchalantly and continued finishing their meals like nothing had happened. They already saw that coming.

"Ya Allah khair!!! okay my DDs I'm leaving for school. Allah hafiz." Hania rose from her seat and kissed her grandparents' cheeks.

"Allah hafiz, be safe on your way." Saniya recited an Aytal-kursi and blew it all over her body and kissed her forehead. Hania couldn't help but smile at her granny's lovely gesture. Grandparents' love is always immensely pure and out of this world.

"And you! Don't forget to give me the rest of the update when I will be back okay??" She told Zamin in her strict teacher mode.

"Jo hukum mere aaka!!!!" Zamin dramatically bowed his head with a chuckle.

Hania punched his shoulder playfully and walked out of the dining room, giggling.

"Let me also go and see what new storm is brewing out there." Zamin also left his breakfast and ran out leaving the old couple to themselves who shook their heads in disbelief.