Glimpse of their childhood

"Chachi! Who is this little baby??"

A cute little boy, around age of four stared at the tiny newborn baby, wrapped in a pink fluffy blanket in his aunt's arms without flickering his long thick eyelashes. It was the first time he was seeing a newborn in his 4 years of lifetime. She was so cute and beautiful. She has pink chubby cheeks, brown doe eyes and small thin lips, not to mention cute tiny little hands and feets.

"She is my little sister." The other boy who was sitting on the lady's sideline, almost the same age as him, spoke proudly and kissed his baby sister's cheeks lovingly who kicked her tiny legs in the air and smiled at his gesture.

"Little sister!!! Where did she come from chachi? Will she live with us now? What's her name??" He bombarded questions after questions, his gaze still fixed on her striking face, adoring her cuteness as she bore back into his black orbs while sucking her thumb with her doe brown eyes which held pure innocence and that was the moment he, a four year old baby boy fell in love with her, a newly born babygirl.

Meera and Fariya chuckled at their little one's curiosity.

"She is our little princess Zoya Rehman Malik and yes from now on she will live with us." Meera announced with a smile and kissed her daughter's forehead tenderly. Her heart was filled with contentment. Her little baby was so adorable!!!!

"Really??" His eyes shine with excitement.

"Yes meri jaan!!!" Meera nodded with a smile.

"Zain! Just like Zamin she is also your little sister so now you have to take care of her and protect her like Hania from any harm okay?" Fariya told him softly but Zain didn't like that piece of information as he shook his head in denial.

"No mama! She is only Zamin's sister, she will be my wife when I'll grow up just like you're to baba, chachi to chachu and dadi to dadu."

His words caught everyone present in the room off guard. Coming that from a four year old was surely surprising for all of them.

"Chachi! Princess will be my wife not my sister, will you give her to me pleasee!!!" He started pleading to his aunt, he has always seen his father, grandfather and uncle pampering his mother, grandmother and aunt with love and respect so he got the urge to do the same with this little baby, his cute baby.

"Zain! Zid mat karo beta." Fariya reprimanded him.

"Chachi pleaseee!!!"

"Okay I will give her to you. But for that you need to wait for her to grow up, have to study hard, get a job and make money. You've to become powerful enough to protect and take care of her, will you do it??" As Meera questions, Zain nodded his head in agreement.

"Yes I'll work hard for my princess." He flashed a toothy smile. Everyone laughed, seeing his determination. No one took him seriously because they knew he was just a little kid.

"Excuse me! My princess was just born and you are already thinking of her marriage Meera! I won't give my baby to anyone." Rehman wasn't pleased as he took the babygirl from his wife and rocked his little life close to his chest after kissing her head.

"Baba! I also want to hold the baby." Hania who was sitting in her father's lap, tugged his sleeves with a cute pout adorning her lips.

Farhan requested Rehman to give Zoya to her for a few minutes who placed the little girl in Hania's lap. She held her by wrapping her arms around her tiny body. Farhan secured both of them protectly in his arms so she wouldn't drop her down. Zain and Zamin also came and sat on either side of him.

"Look baba! she is so cuteee." Hania exclaimed with a squeal and kissed Zoya's cheeks who did ooh aah in her baby language as if responding to her. Farhan nodded with a smile. Just like that they adorned the little girl to their heart's content. She was loved by each and everyone.

***

Five years old Zoya was strolling through the street of her neighborhood where several kids were busy playing different games. While walking and munching on a bar of chocolate she was just watching them play and having fun with her doe eyes when two girls around her age came to her and snatched the choco from her hands, catching her off guard.

"Hey it's mine, give it back to me." She tried to take the chocolate back but one of the girl pushed her using all her force causing Zoya to lose her balance and she fell down on her knees. A low whimper escaped her mouth as the strong wave of pain hit her. Her knees torn apart and began bleeding. Tears of anguish filled her eyes.

"Mumma says sharing is caring Zoya!!!" Those two little devils laughed and started eating the remaining chocolate infront of her after slicing into two equal pieces.

Zoya's lips quiver as she bursts into fits of crying, unable to tolerate the excruciating pain. Her loud wails resonated in the whole area, alerting Zain and Zamin who were engrossed playing football rushed to her aid.

"What happened Zoya!!!!" They helped her stand on her feets and gasped when they saw her bleeding.

"Bhai..sob..she..sob..." She couldn't form a proper sentence due to sobbing hard but it was enough for the boys to understand the whole scenario when she pointed out at the two girls standing there, scared to their wits.

"How dare you hurt my sister huh?" Zamin pushed the same girl who had pushed Zoya without caring she was a girl just like his sister. She started crying as well but he was least bothered. He doesn't tolerate if anyone try to hurt his baby sister no matter whoever the person is.

"Hoori! Stop crying please. See she also got hurt. Tit for tat." Zain coaxed her and wiped her tears with his thumbs. His heart clenched at the sight of her vulnerable state.

Zoya stopped sobbing for a second when she heard him only for her to burst into crying the other second yet again feeling the burning pain in her knees.

"Zay! It's..sob..hurting!!!" She pointed at her knees and he immediately bent down on his knees, gesturing her to climb on his back so he could take her inside.

Zoya wrapped her tiny arms and legs around his neck and waist with the help of Zamin. Upon taking her inside, Zain brought a first aid box and gently washed the blood and wounds with dettol and cotton. He also wiped her mouth which was smeared with chocolate. Zoya was constantly writhing in pain.

"Shh it will be fine baby. You're strong right?"

After cleaning, he applied antibiotic ointment on her wounds beforing covering up with a gauze.

Zain was trying his best to coax her all the time but Zoya stopped crying only once the pain reduced for the time being.

"Zay! Us churail ne meri chocolate kha li!!!" She complained to him with tears still glistening in her eyes, her lips still quivering ready to cry again.

"Bas itni se baat par ro rahi ho? Wait!!!" He shoved his hand in his pants pocket and brought out five bars of chocolate. He knew very well how crazily she is in love with chocolates and he for her.

"She ate your one chocolate but in return I bought five for you." He hand over the bars which she accepted gladly with a happy squeal.

"You're the bestesttt!!!" She planted a kiss on his cheek, unwrapped one of the chocolate and began eating in pleasure, her pain long forgotten.

"Silly!!!" He shook his head with a chuckle as he watched her munching on the second one already, to be precise adoring her cuteness.