Icecream date ❤

It was afternoon, Hania stood outside the school gates, awaiting her family driver. The sun was sinking low in the sky, casting long shadows across the pavement. She anxiously tapped her foot and kept scanning the street to catch the sight of the car. The driver usually arrives on time a few minutes before her teaching hours end but today he had been taking time due to some reason she guessed. As she kept waiting, she was grateful to Lord she didn't encounter her ex after that day. 

Suddenly, the familiar purr of an engine caught her attention and she turned to see a sleek car pulling up to the curb which was definitely not her driver's car. Her heart skipped a beat as she recognized the car, knowing all too well who it belonged to. 

The car came to a halt in front of her, the driver's side window roll down to reveal her husband's face, a huge grin displaying on his handsome face.

Hania stood there in a daze as she watched him hop out from the car, clad in a beige suit. With his hair perfectly combed to the side partition and black sunglasses set on his pointed nose he was looking all dashing as ever that she forgot to blink. Her eyes were fixed on him, praising his beauty and elegance. As he stood before her face to face, she was met with his familiar lemon mint cologne, soothing her nerves.

"Assalamoalikum begum!!! Am I looking so handsome that you can't stop staring??" Affan greeted her with an teasing smile,  snapping her back to her senses as Hania tucked her hair behind ear shyly. He smiled at her, he didn't miss how she was gawking at him. Well she has every right to do so.

He's all hers!!!

"W.salam!!! What are you doing here, Affi??" Responding to his salam, Hania inquired while looking at her surroundings cautiously.

"Can't I come to pick up my wife???" He stares at her with offended expressions, his tone complaining. All his excitement of meeting her vanished into thin air, replaced with gloominess watching her dull reaction.

"Sorry I didn't mean to offend you, It's just that people are around and later I'll become the hot topic of their gossip." She apologized instantly feeling guilty, she was just being cautious because gossip in her school spread like wildfire.

"Then let's go somewhere private where we can enjoy ourselves freely." With that Affan clasped her hand and led her to the car. He opened the passenger door for her like a true gentleman and made sure she settled inside comfortably before they drove away.

"Where are we going??" As Hania noticed Affan took the other road which doesn't lead to her home, she looked at him questioningly, piqued with curiosity.

"On a date!!!" Affan exclaimed smilingly.

"A date??" A small smile bloomed on her face at the thought of it. 

"Mhm you and me together!!!" He held her hand in his, intertwined their fingers and kissed on her knuckles softly, boring into her eyes with all the love he has for her causing her heart to flutter while her cheeks heated up as she blushed.

His love filled gaze, simple small gestures and comforting presence stirs a swirl of emotion inside her, a sense of belonging and being complete with him.

***

Shortly after they were seated at the private corner of the fancy Italian restaurant, having lunch under the elegant and eye-catching ambiance of the restaurant. Affan had ordered a few Italian dishes according to Hania's liking and he had been feeding her the meal with his hands. She insisted she'd eat on her own, they were in public but he beat it to her by saying let him pamper his wife and at last she had to give in not having the heart to turn him down.