2

I wanted to run but my legs felt like they had turned to jelly. What the fuck were these monsters doing?

Rows upon rows of people were hooked up to machines, all unconscious while their blood was being drained.

It looked like a cow shed, only the cows were an array of alien species.

I could see two rows of humans. The others were all alien looking, some similar to a human but clearly something else, while the rest were nothing like us in the slightest.

I couldn't physically move, frozen with fear.

"We had a space for you and your friends, just over there." A clawed finger pointed me in the direction of three empty machines.

I gasped, instantly feeling nauseous.

"Wha. What do you mean, had?" I slowly turned my head to face the alien.

He licked his lips with a wicked grin as slime coated his teeth making me want to vomit.

"Well, we've taken many species over the years and only a few have ever compared to you. You're a feisty little thing aren't you?"

His chuckle made my skin crawl. How could they abduct people and drain them of their blood? Why?

"We've decided to let you live, for now. You're going to the treatment room, preping survivours for round two, sometimes three. When you've proven yourself worthy, we'll let you go home."

This sounds too good to be true. I get to live because I was defiant and then I get to go home once I've done a bit of work for them?

"And what about my friends?"

I held my breath, watching as he pondered over my question.

"If they survive round one, they may leave."

My chest felt tight as I struggled to catch a breath.

"No, please. I'll do anything just let them go, please."

I begged for the lives of two people that I barely knew. They had children who would be waiting for them to pick them up from school, no doubt their families would be sick with worry but I had no one, so it made sense for me to stay if they could leave.

The aliens beady eyes glistened as if I'd just offered him a blowjob and now I was panicking internally at offering them anything to let Hayley and Gemma go.

"If we let them leave, you will remain on Gladar for the forseeable future."

"Can I say goodbye before they leave?" I didn't hesitate with agreeing to their terms. If Hayley or Gemma could get back home, they could hopefully find a way of getting me rescued. Surely our world leaders had secret meetings with these people? Maybe they could negotiate my release once they know about my abduction?

"You have five earth minutes."

I nodded, eager to get back to them.

I was thrown back into the cage with the girls, tears brimming as I smiled at them.

"They're letting you go home but I have to stay. Scrape your nails on something, anything. If you have foreign matter under your nails they will know you're telling the truth about being here. Hopefully someone can find a way of rescuing me once you get home."

That was the plan anyway, but then again, would they even be taken seriously by the authorities?

"What do they want with you?" Gemma hugged me tightly as I gripped on to her.

This would be the last time I see her and Hayley and I may never get the chance to return home again.

"I don't know. They said I won't be killed though so that's good. Isn't it?"