50

I flicked the switch and sat at the kitchen table, my heart pounding in my chest at the thought of seeing Kai.

Emrys had decided that he was ready to take the world on alone, practically begging me to go home.

I was too excited to eat, my stomach in knots knowing that I'd be waiting hours until the zaviours arrived.

I had two suitcases stuffed with coffee and another stuffed full of snacks that I wanted to share with Klaus, and all I had left to do was pack my clothes.

After a few hours had passed, I sat outside, staring at the sky, wondering if I'd see them coming.

A few more hours had passed and I couldn't sit still, so I went for a run to get rid of some of my pent up energy.

After another few hours, day turned to night and I knew that it wouldn't be long before the shuttle arrived.

Morning turned to noon, noon into night and night into day. Two days had passed and then a third and a fourth, and I eventually resided myself to my room in a world of pain and misery.

After a week had passed, the pain in my chest had become unbearable and I screamed out in frustration.

Why hadn't he come for me? Where were the zaviours?

Everything had become too much, I couldn't live without Kai. I felt like I had been abandoned, stuck on a planet that I had no interest in and I burst into tears knowing that I'd never see him again.

Sitting on my bed, I saw movement in the corner of my eye. Turning my head towards the window, my body flushed hot, frozen to the spot as I stared at two beady eyes.

A gladarian monster was watching me.

I thought my heart was about to explode as I let out a gut wrenching scream.

Before I knew it, my eyes shot open and I realised that it was all just a dream.

I was drenched in sweat, trembling from head to toe, my heart beating rapidly as I broke down in tears.

Emrys came rushing into my room, flicking on the light and wrapping me up in his arms.

"It's alright, you're ok, just let it out." He spoke sofly, and I lay my head on his chest.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed, my words barely audible, but Emrys ignored my apology.

"Just let it all out." He rubbed my back while holding me tightly.

I wasn't sure how long it had taken for my tears to subside but I knew that it had taken a while.

My face was sticky, the room silent - other than my post-crying hick-ups, and I peered up at Emrys with a sigh.

"I dreamt that he'd forgotten about me. I sent the signal and he didn't come, and then I saw a gladarian watching me from the window."

I sat up in bed and Emrys wiped my eyes with his sleeves. "Don't worry, those monsters are gone and they are never coming back."

"Do you think Kai will forget about me?" I sniffed.

"No, not at all. You two are unbreakable, true love at it's finest and I'd bet my life that he's patiently waiting for you to send that signal. I'm just sorry that you're having to go through all of this because of me. If I could take your pain away, I'd do it in a heartbeat." He frowned.

"I promised that I'd help you, so that's what I'll do. You don't have to be sorry, Emrys."

He gazed into my eyes before blowing out a breath. "I will never be able to thank you for everything you've done for me, Daisy. Without you, I wouldn't have a second chance at life and from now on, I'll do everything that I can to have you back with Kai as soon as possible."