63

DAISY'S POV

Kai and I were sitting on the grass, admiring our hard work in the garden.

In the last few days, we had planted hundreds of flowers, both inside the garden and along the outside of the fence.

It smelt wonderful when a light breeze danced around them, filling the garden with a fresh, floral scent.

"If my mother could see this now, she'd be blown away by the sheer beauty of it." I smiled.

"I believe that she is. No matter where we are in the universe, I truly believe that our passed loved ones are able to stay with us." Kai spoke softly.

The thought alone put a smile on my face, imagining my parents sitting beside me, admiring the view.

"Mum.. Dad.. If you're here, I just want you to know that I miss you both so much and I'll love you both forever." I spoke out loud in the hope that they would here me.

"And I'd like to thank you both for creating the light of my life." Kai added.

I smiled at his sweet words, but it saddened me that my mum and dad never had the chance to meet the man of my dreams.

"Kai?" I mumbled, looking up at him.

"Yes, my love?"

"I was wondering if you could do something for me. It's quite a big ask so feel free to say no."

He cocked his head to one side, his curiosity peeking at my sudden request.

"Yes, anything. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you. What do you want me to do?"

"Would you mind painting a picture for me? A picture of my parents with us.. I know it sounds weird because you never actually met them but.."

"It doesn't sound weird in the slightest and I'd be happy to do that for you." He cut me off, smiling sweetly as he stood to his feet. "Come on, let's have something to eat and then I'll get started."

"Really?" I blinked up at him, scrambling to my feet. "You'll start it today?"

Kai sighed, taking my hand in his. "I know how much you miss your parents, and if a painting of them means that you get to see them on a daily basis, then I'll happily work through the night to get it done for you."

"You really are the most selfless person that I have ever met." I stated, looking up at him with a smile.

Although he had offered to work through the night, and as much as I appreciated his kind gesture, I refused to let him lose any sleep over it, insisting that I would happily wait as long as it takes.

After having a large lunch, Kai and I hopped into the shuttle and headed to Klaus' house.

We hadn't spoken to him since his vision, so I was rather excited to see him.

Kai said that Klaus might not be his usual self now that he was on a mission to find his soulmate.

The frustration that males go through when figuring out where they are can drastically change their personality.

Kai turned to painting when he found out about me. It became his obsession, a way to direct his pain, but luckily for him, fate brought us together in the most unexpected way.

"Do you miss painting?" I wondered.

"Since I last put a brush down, I haven't really had a chance to miss it. With everything that's happened, it hasn't even crossed my mind, but I do enjoy it. It's almost like a form of meditation and I zone out of everything and let my hands take over ."