33

I was on my way to the medical centre after Kai had spoken to Kordin.

He said that Emrys had been sedated throughout the night but when he was awoken this morning, he wasn't in the best state of mind. Other than that, Kordin was quite vague about how he was.

"Would you like me to come with you?" Kai asked as our shuttle reached my destination.

I sucked in a breath and quickly blew it out, looking up at him and shaking my head.

"No, I'll be alright. You don't want to keep the new Lord and Lady waiting anyway." I chuckled, lightening the mood.

"I'm sure they won't mind."

I tucked a stray, damp hair behind my ear. I decided not to dry it after my shower, eager to see Emrys, but now that I was outside in the cool air, I regretted it.

"No, not on my account. Kordin is here anyway and I can call you if I need you."

"Ok, alright. After I have seen my parents, I'll come back."

I smiled before reaching for the door but Kai stopped me, leaning in and capturing my lips with his.

Pulling away, he rested his head against mine. "I love you."

I smiled, breathing in his scent. "I love you."

"See you soon." He breathed, before kissing me one last time.

I climbed out of the shuttle and watched as it took Kai away. I could still taste him on my lips and I smiled as I turned around, looking up at the medical centre.

There wasn't anyone around, everything was quiet as the mid morning breeze rolled in and I quickly made my way inside the building to avoid catching a cold.

"Oh, good morning Miss Daisy." The lady behind the desk greeted me.

She wasn't the same one as last time so I was puzzled at how she knew my name.

"Um, hi. Can I please see Medic Haldon? He's expecting me." I stated.

"Oh, yes of course. You will find him in the third room on your right, just down there." She pointed to a corridor with a wide smile.

"Thank you." I returned her smile before making my way down the corridor.

I knocked on the door that was slightly ajar and Haldon opened it instantly.

"Daisy, come in. Take a seat."

I stepped inside the small room and sat down on a sofa that was against the wall.

I was half expecting Kordin to be here too but it was just Haldon.

"How's Emrys?" I asked, looking over at him as he sat on a matching sofa opposite me.

"Physically, he's absolutely fine. His body is in perfect condition but his mind is extremely unsettled."

"Would it be possible for me to see him?"

Haldon twisted his lips, giving me the impression that he didn't want me to.

"I would have to insist that Kordin or myself be present if you do. Emrys lashed out at me this morning when I was running tests and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving you alone with him. Would that be alright?"

"Yes, absolutely." I nodded my head with a soft smile.

I wondered what could have caused his outburst but I tucked it away in the back of my mind as Haldon led me to see him.

When we entered the room, Emrys was lay on the bed, eyes red and puffy, staring up at the ceiling.

My heart sunk.