23

Daisy's POV

I awoke to complete silence, the room dark but I could sense Kai around me.

Looking down my body, the straps that were there when I was sedated were gone and I slowly pulled my legs back so that I could bend my knees.

I felt heavy, my body weak and I knew it would be a struggle to move around on my own.

"Are you gonna help me out of this thing or do I have to do it alone?"

The dome flung open, revealing a tired looking Kai and I knew that he hadn't been taking care of himself.

"It's taken you three hours to wake up. How are you feeling? I've missed you so much. Here, let me help you."

Kai lifted me out of the pod and it felt like my body was wrapped in led weights.

"Oh my god, I'm so weak. I can barely lift my arms."

"It's ok. I'm here, you don't need to lift a finger. Anything you want, I'm on it."

He sat down on a chair with me on his lap and I laid my head on his chest, taking in his scent as I closed my eyes.

Kai's arms wrapped around me and I lent into the warmth that radiated from his body.

"You're cold?" His soft voice asked.

"A little bit, but I'll be ok in a minute, your warmer than a blanket." I chuckled but Kai wasn't satisfied.

He put me down on the chair, treating me like a china doll with his extra gentle touch.

"Don't move." He mumbled, running out of the room like his life depended on it.

He returned within seconds, a large, thick, blanket in his arms.

He didn't speak, only wrapping me up before lifting me back onto his lap.

"Better?" He asked, his face as serious as they come.

Nodding, I lay my head on his neck where his skin was showing. "Thank you."

His large hand slowly ran up and down my arm and his other held on to the back of my leg.

The door opened and a cheerful Haldon walked into the room.

"It's good to see you awake. How are you feeling, Daisy?"

I mirrored his wide smile. "Pretty good, thank you. No pain but I feel extreamly weak."

"Yes, that is to be expected. You will have to take it easy for a few days, lots of high vitamin foods and make sure you stay hydrated. Once you feel up to it, you can do light exercise, but if you want to speed up the process, you can drink three booster bottles a day."

I nodded, unsure of what a booster bottle was but I knew that Kai would tell me later.

"Commander Kai, would you be able to assist Daisy into the next room? There is a bed for her so she can be more comfortable while we moniter her."

"Sure, yes, absolutely."

He spoke quietly and could tell something wasn't quite right with him.

Once I was settled in the bed, Haldon brought in a mountain of food on a tray.

"There's enough food here for the both of you. Once you've eaten, I'll be back to run a few tests if that's alright?"

"Thank you." Kai and I spoke in unison, causing me to chuckle as I glanced over at him.

We ate in silence, awkward glances shared between us until I couldn't take it anymore.

"What is it?" I sighed, leaning back against the bed.