59

Stirring from my sleep, Kai's voice entered my mind, causing me to smile as I slowly opened my eyes.

Even when you sleep you're the most beautiful woman in the universe

"Have you been watching me all this time?" I chuckled softly, voice grogy as I stretched out my limbs.

"Would it be weird if I did?"

"Maybe a little bit weird."

"Then, no.. I haven't been watching you all this time." Kai laughed lightly.

Rolling on my side, I ran my fingers over his chest, watching as it shimmered with each breath that he took.

"How long until Kiara gets here?"

"About an hour. My mother was going to pop round while you were sleeping, she's very excited to see you."

"Why didn't you wake me? I hope she wasn't disappointed." I mumbled.

"She understands that you need your rest, besides, it's not like she won't  see you tonight, is it?"

"I know but.. She's the head of Zandara. Shouldn't she get what she wants regardless?"

"Oh, Daisy." Kai chuckled, running his fingers through my hair. "She might be the head of Zandara, but it doesn't mean she gets to boss people around and have her every demand met with the snap of her fingers."

"I thought that's exactly what she'd get." I mused.

"Do you want to freshen up while I make us something to eat?"

"I'm not hungry. Feel free to eat without me though." I smiled sweetly.

"I'm not taking no for an answer. You need to start eating more, don't think I haven't noticed that you play with most of the food on your plate. You need to increase your appetite, and the only way you'll do that is by eating more."

"But.."

"But, no. Little and often until you can handle a full meal." Kai cut me off before I could protest.

"So bossy." I grunted. "Maybe you should be the one to rule Zandara."

Kai sighed, rolling his eyes. "I'm only bossy because I care about you."

I lay still for a moment, taking in his words.

He did care about me, more than anyone ever will, devoted to me like a moth to a flame.

Sitting up, I took his hands in mine. "Thank you."

"For what?" He looked confused.

"For everything." I smiled, before climbing out of bed.

I left him a little confused as I entered the bathroom, smiling to myself as I closed the door behind me.

After tying my hair into a ponytail, I then turned on the shower and lowered the head.

I couldn't be bothered washing my hair again, stepping under the water to wash my body.

I felt like I was constantly needing to shower. Maybe it was time to set some boundaries with Kai.. Schedule our intimacy so that it coincided with when I needed to shower, I thought, before dismissing the idea completely.

That'll never happen, I smiled, wishing that I'd invited him into the bathroom with me.

It was nearing the end of my second day back, and no matter how many times Kai satisfied my needs, I just couldn't get enough of him, constantly wanting more.

After my quick shower, I brushed my teeth and dried myself off.

Walking into the bedroom, Kai was nowhere to be seen, so I quickly got dressed before seeking him out in the living room.