17

"Have we got enough alcohol and do you think there's enough food?"

Kai's family were coming over this evening for a get together and a mini house warming now that we had officially moved into our new home.

We had been here for a week now but Kai insisted that we had no visitors until we had both recouperated from our recent stay at the medical centre.

"Daisy, everything is perfect. No one is coming to judge our hosting skills, it's just an excuse for my mother to have an evening with all of her offspring and have a catch up, just relax."

"How can I relax when your parents are due to take the reins of Zandara? They're going to be the most powerful people on the planet and they're coming round for tea."

A few days ago, there was a special announcement from Hilz and Danik. They were stepping down from their position as the head of the monarchy and in two weeks time, Reela and Vin will be replacing them.

"They're not coming on official business, they're coming as my parents, to let loose and enjoy themselves."

"Well, we still need to feed and water our guests. Will this be enough?"

I was flapping around the kitchen, dressed in a pair of navy sweatpants and a white tank top with barely any time left to get myself ready.

Kai was already suited and booted, relaxing at the kitchen table while I was nit-picking at everything.

"Come here." He held his arm out as I walked past him, looping it around my waist and pulling me onto his lap.

"Why don't you go and have a shower and I'll guard the food."

"Eat the food more like." I tapped his hand as he went to grab another piece of cake.

The cake was my favourite dessert from the menu that Klaus and I worked our way though and it turns out that Kai was particularly fond of it too.

"Ok, last piece. Now, go on. I'll make sure everything's in order for when everyone arrives."

"Thank you." I quickly pecked him on the cheek and jumped off of his lap before running up the stairs to take a shower and get ready.

I had to thank my lucky stars for the incredible technology on Zandara.

I was showered, dressed, had my hair done and applied a light amount of make up in twenty minutes flat. New personal best.

"Wow!"

I walked into the kitchen and Kai looked me up and down seductively.

"Is it too much?" I blushed, embarrassed that I'd gone a tad overboard.

I was wearing a pale blue skater dress with butterfly sleeves and a pair of white wedges.

I prefered flats but the extra height from the wedges helped with the height difference between Kai and I.

"No. Not at all, you look stunning."

He stood before me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He lent down and pressed his soft lips against mine.

"Shall we cancel? I can think of a few things I'd rather be doing than this." His grin was short lived as the doorbell chimed throughout the house.

Kai groaned and I hit his chest playfully. "Let the party commence."

When the doorbell chimed again and then again and a few more times after that, I knew that Klaus was the first to arrive.

I chuckled, opening the front door to see the one and only Klaus and Kiara.