39

We were the first to arrive at Kiara and Klaus' house but Kiara was no where to be seen.

Kai was playing along, asking where she was and why we were all there but Klaus said nothing, his lips were sealed.

I thought it was cute, watching them as I leant against the kitchen door frame with a stupid grin on my face.

The next lot of guests arrived and I held my breath as Klaus went to greet them.

I stood close to Kai, waiting to see who it was and I let out a sigh of relief when I heard Reela, fussing over Klaus.

I got myself a drink, needing something to help me relax but I made sure to have a couple of sips and let Kai drink the rest.

I wasn't going to make a fool of myself. Not tonight at least.

It It wasn't long before the door chimed again, and I was surprised when Kintel and Florna walked into the room, followed by two men and a woman that I had never seen before.

Who are they? I wondered, connecting to Kai's mind.

My first guess would be the soulmates parents and sibling

We both looked at each other, nodding in agreement which made me let out a slight laugh.

"How is Florna here?" I whispered.

"I dropped my case and fast tracked the proceedings. Well, I say I.. My mother did most of the work and managed to get her released."

"That was quick." I muttered.

When my eyes connected with Kordin's, he looked away from me without so much as a nod.

Usually, he would acknowledge my existence so I found his behaviour a little odd.

"Did you speak to Kordin already?" I lowered my voice, looking up at Kai.

"No, why?" He looked confused.

"Um, no reason." I shrugged.

Now that everyone had arrived, Klaus instructed us to make our way to the entertainment room.

"Here we go." Kai muttered, looking down at me with a grin.

He held out his hand for me to hold and everyone slowly filtered out of the kitchen and down the main hallway to the entertainment room.

Once inside, Kai excused himself and went over to Kintel to clear the air.

I felt relieved knowing that he was happy to reconnect with his brother. He never said anything about their falling out, but I knew that it bothered him.

Reela and Vin were talking to Kordin, Florna and Yara were chatting amongst themselves and I overheard the parents of Kiara's soulmate stressing about who should approach Vin and Reela first.

It was obvious that they were oblivious as to why they were here, and I noticed that they had left their son, standing alone in a room full of strangers.

I knew how it felt to be him, twiddling your thumbs, looking around with no one to talk to, so I made my way over to say hi.

He saw me coming and smiled awkwardly.

"Hi, I'm.."

"Daisy. I know who you are." He cut me off before I could tell him my name.

"Are you psychic?" I gasped, dramatically.

"No. If I was, I'd know how you got that bruise on your eye." He raised his brows.

"Let's just say I'm clumsy." I laughed it off. "So, you're not psychic then, no?"