19

KAI'S POV

I couldn't breath, falling to the floor with my knees hitting the ground hard.

Her screams rang through my ears and the look of fear on her face was heartbreaking.

"Daisy." I whispered as tears brimmed in my eyes. She was gone.

How did they find her?

I turned around, hearing commotion behind me and I saw Florna begging Kintel for forgiveness.

I saw red, anger consuming me and I stood to my feet, storming over to her with intent to kill.

Kintel saw me coming, standing between us to try and shelter his back stabbing, traitorous soulmate.

Sorry, brother. I pushed him out of my way, launching him across the room.

My hand wrapped around Florna's neck, pinning her up against the wall and she clawed at my arm in a pathetic attempt to free herself.

"What the fuck did you do?" I spat in her face, struggling to control my anger.

I had never felt like this before and I could have sworn that I was taller, my strength stronger and my hearing more fine tuned.

I had read about this but I had never known it to actually happen to anyone.

On rare occasions, zaviours would become instantly enhanced in life or death situations. My reactions to seeing Daisy taken away from me must have caused my body to react and now I was more fierce than ever.

Florna was turning red, struggling to breath and I felt nothing. I wanted her to suffer for what she did.

"Kai, your going to kill her, let go."

Kintel was pleading with me but my eyes never left Florna.

I stood strong and his grip on my arm did nothing.

Kiara and Klaus burst into the room, joining Kintel, screaming at me to let Florna go.

I loosened my grip, allowing her to breath, turning to face my siblings.

"She betrayed me. Daisy is gone. The gladarians took her because she sold her out!"

"You did what?"

Yara walked in with Kordin and the look on her face was of disbelief.

"Kai, let her go." Kordin spoke with authority.

"I won't let her get away with this. Daisy did nothing wrong, I'll kill her before I let her go."

"You need to get to the ships. Find Daisy before it's too late. I'll deal with Florna, just go."

Kordin was right. I was wasting time here when I could be on a ship instead.

"Find out what she knows." I said through gritted teeth before releasing my hand from her neck.

She dropped to the floor and I walked away without looking back.

I stepped inside the shuttle and set off to meet Granteon.

Sitting down, I held my breath, feeling nauseous with images of Daisy flashing through my mind.

She was terrified and I wasn't there to protect her. She needed me and I wasn't there!

I reached out with my mind, a sliver of hope that she might hear me but there was no response.

"FUCK!!" I screamed, punching the window, shattering the glass as blood covered my hand.

I felt lost, in a world of new emotions that I didn't understand.

Calling Granteon, I fought to keep my cool.