24

"Where are you going?"

Kai jumped up and out of bed before I could sneak into the bathroom unaided.

For three days straight, he's followed me around the house, watching me like a hawk.

"To pee." My lips curled up in amusement.

"What if you fall?" His face was serious.

"In the toilet?" I raised a brow. "Would you prefer it if I wore a life jacket? That way, I won't drown if I get sucked in."

He stood infront of me, placing his hands on my hips, a low grumble sounding from his throat as I gazed up at him with a grin.

"I'm feeling much better today. My legs are working fine and I feel stronger."

"But.."

I placed a finger on his lips, cutting him off before he could protest.

"I'm ok. Now let me pee, alone, before I lose control of my bladder."

"Ok, ok." Kai stepped back, lifting his hands up in defeat.

I hurried to the bathroom, feeling victorious but as soon as I sat down to relieve myself, his voice entered my mind.

You forgot your life jacket

I snorted a laugh, shaking my head.

Once I'd finished in the bathroom, I walked back into the bedroom, making a conscious effort to not look at Kai but I could feel his eyes burning into me.

Instead, I made my way over to the walk-in wardrobe and chose my outfit for the day.

Scanning through my small amount of clothes, I pulled a pair of navy leggings from the rail and stole one of Kai's white t-shirts.

Although they were freshly washed, his smell somehow lingered in his clothes and it was something I couldn't get enough of.

I swiftly changed into my outfit, knotting the side of the t-shirt so that it didn't look like a dress and I stood infront of the mirror, frowning at my reflection.

Ever since leaving Earth, my body had changed dramatically and although I was given adequate nutrition when I was in the pod, I had lost a significant amount of weight and I barely recognised myself anymore.

My bones were prominent, unflattering and I felt alien in my own skin.

"What's wrong?" Kai startled me and I turned around to see him standing in the doorway, his brows creased as he looked at me intently.

"Nothing." I forced an unconvincing smile.

"I can feel that you're unhappy. Talk to me, Daisy."

He stepped towards me, holding my cheeks in his hands and I closed my eyes, sighing as I leaned into his touch.

"I just. I don't recognise myself anymore. I look ill, like a frail old lady, I'm hideous."

"You are not hideous." Kai's features were stern, almost like he was telling me off.

"Look at me, Kai." I huffed, looking in the mirror again.

He came up behind me, placing his hands on my shoulders, looking me up and down in the mirror.

"I see a strong, determined, beautiful, young woman, who has been through indescribable hell, not once, but twice and that body that you're calling hideous has handled it all. You might look a little bit different but you will never be anything less than sensational. You are perfect, Daisy, just the way you are and I wish you could see that too."