60

Kai was amazing, stepping up and taking control of my selective mutism.

He stood tall, addressing the room and thanking everyone for coming. Explaining how overwhelming I found everything, he sarcastically thanked Reela for keeping things small.

"Daisy, my dear, I apologise for such a gathering, but I was so excited for your return that I had to invite everyone to celebrate." She smiled softly, making her way over to me.

I looked up into her eyes, and all I saw was happiness and warmth.

"Thank you, Reela, it means the world to have you care as much as you do. There's no need to apologise though, your kindness is gratefully received." I smiled, slightly bowing my head.

"Well then.. Now that you're here, I would like to officially welcome you back home. Your absence was felt by many, so relax, grab a drink and enjoy your night."

After a brief applause, music began playing, drowning out the cheers.

Everyone seemed to return to what they were doing and Reela gently squeezed my arm before disappearing in the room.

Placing his hand on my waist, Kai guided me towards the back of the room where I spotted some familiar faces.

Kiara was sat between Klaus and Atlas, and I also saw Granteon, Dazna and Charlie.

Granteon and Charlie were sitting with two women that I hadn't seen before, but it was quite obvious that they were their soulmates.

"The Earthling has arrived." Klaus caught my attention, standing to his feet before making his way over.

He draped his arm over my shoulder, dragging me to the table. "Earthings first." He beamed, gesturing for me to sit down.

I looked up at Kai who was watching me like a hawk, a glint in his eye as he smirked at me.

Rounding the table, I slid over to Kiara, Klaus following behind before Kai's voice entered my mind.

Would you like a drink, my love?

Yes please, I nodded, sensing that he was back to being playful.

"Aw, Daisy, your face was hilarious when you walked through that door." Kiara chuckled as I watched Kai disappear.

"I even pre-warned her, what a load of good that did." Klaus chirrped.

I shook my head, rolling my eyes at him. "Kai told me that it was a small gathering, remember?"

"Did you actually believe him though?"

"Well.. Yes.. I think he convinced himself that you were exaggerating so I had no reason to take your word over his." I stated.

"Then you're both a pair of dummies." He snorted a laugh.

"I must admit, even I wasn't expecting this many people." Kiara chimed.

"Who are they all?" I wondered. "And why would they come to a welcome home party for a stranger?"

"My mother regards you as a daughter now, speaks highly of you to almost everyone. Everyone here will have heard alot about you and how your being here has transformed Kai's life. I imagine they all want to meet the new addition to the family, especially after being gone for so long."

I wondered what Reela could have possibly said about me. My experiences of being here so far were mostly that of chaos.

Putting it to the back of my mind, I grinned at Kiara.

"Why were you in such a hurry earlier? You ran out of the house in a flash." I changed the subject.

Leaning in, Kiara whispered in my ear. "We needed a little alone time. Like I said.. I look hot." She smirked.