30

I could hear the crowd erupting, cheers and applause as everyone took their place on stage behind a set of ruby red drapes.

Hilz and Danik took centre stage while Vin stood just behind Hilz and Reela stood just behind Danik.

On the row behind stood Kordin and Yara, then Kai and I, then Kintel and Florna, and finally Klaus and Kiara.

Because I was much shorter than everyone else, a step had been placed beside Kai for me to stand on, otherwise, all I would see is the backs of everyone infront of me.

The crowd fell into hushed silence as the drapes began to open and I felt my heart pound.

As soon as Hilz and Danik stepped forward, the crowd went wild and it was clear to see that they were well liked and respected by the zaviour people.

Danik raised his hand and like magic, the crowd fell in to complete silence. I was astounded at how much control he held over them, but I knew it wasn't due to harsh consequences from disobedience. It was pure and utter respect.

His back was straight as he stood tall and he gave a nod before raising his head high.

"Thank you all for the marvellous welcome. It is our upmost pleasure to welcome you all hear today, to bear witness to the changing of hands."

Danik spoke loud and proud, pausing so that the crowd could applaud.

"For the past sixty years, myself and Lady Hilz have given our everything to ensure the safety and protection of every single soul that resides here on Zandara. We have had an exceptionally successful run and it has been our absolute pleasure to have had the opportunity to make a difference and see our planet thrive."

Scores of cheers erupted and I smiled as I watched people clap their hands and bow their heads at Danik"s words.

Sixty years was a long time and I had a hard time believing their ages due to their youthful looks.

Hilz then raised her hand and the silence swiftly returned.

"Now has come the time for Lord Danik and I to take a step back and relinquish our titles to the next generation with a changing of hands. We wholeheartedly believe that Lady Reela and Lord Vin will protect Zandara and continue our efforts in keeping us under the radar while also maintaining our relations with the Intergalactic Alliance."

Hilz paused so that Reela and Vin could nod in agreement and once again, the crowd applauded.

"We have thoroughly enjoyed our work over the years and it has been a magical reign. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it is our pleasure to introduce to you, your new leaders, Lady Reela and Lord Vin."

Danik and Hilz took a step back so that Reela and Vin could have their moment. They stepped forward to an outstanding applause. Cheers filled my ears and my insides were buzzing with joy.

Although I hadn't been on Zandara for very long, I felt like I was a part of the people, rejoicing in the moment as our new leaders took control.

"Thank you for such an extraordinary welcome. I, Lord Vin, and Lady Reela are humbled by the outpouring of love that you have shown for us here today." Vin spoke proudly.

"We are overjoyed that you could all be here today and thank you all for taking your time to witness such a joyous moment." Reela stated before turning her attention to Hilz and Danik.

"We thank you for bestowing us with the changing of hands and we pledge our lives to the safety of the people here on Zandara, along with our love, loyalty and respect."

Hilz and Danik gave a nod before Vin addressed the crowd.

"As we become the new leaders of Zandara, we also become a new bloodline as there were no descendants to our predecessors. With that, we would like to officially introduce to you, our line of heirs."