35

By the time I had arrived at the medical centre, I was as snug as a bug. Somehow, the shuttle had a heating system that had turned on automatically, but now I was bracing myself for the cold.

I didn't want to leave the warmth of the shuttle, but I knew that Emrys was waiting for me and I felt bad for not hurrying already.

"Ok, time to get cold. Three, two, one." I muttered, opening the shuttle door and stepping outside.

I blew out a breath and watched as it fogged up infront of me before hastily making my way inside.

There wasn't anyone at the desk so I headed for Haldons office.

I knocked on the door but he didn't answer so instead of waiting for him, I decided to go straight to Emrys.

When I got to his room, I heard him yelling.

Looks like I've found Haldon, I thought, opening the door to find my thoughts confirmed.

Emrys was stood in the middle of the room, red faced with his fists clenched.

Haldon was casually leaning against the wall, arms folded, completely unfazed by Emrys' outburst.

"Let's take this outside like real men!" Emrys yelled.

"Can you please sit down and listen? All I want to do is ask you a few questions." Haldon rolled his eyes with a deep sigh.

"You've asked enough questions already. Tell the other guy I want to go home. Ready my ship. Chop, chop, I don't have all day."

I chuckled at his demands, causing both him and Haldon to turn and face me.

"Hi." I smiled, walking further into the room.

"Finally, someone that listens. Daisy, I'm ready to go home. Could I kindly ask you to tell this man to organise my departure?"

"Already? I was hoping we could spend a little bit of time together before you leave. You don't have to stay here. We can go for a walk, or we can take a ride in the shuttle.. Maybe I could show you my house? Do you really have to go so soon?"

Emrys blinked, looking at me before turning to Haldon.

"You may as well leave. You're about as useful as a chocolate fire guard."

He raised a brow and shook his head. "Will you be alright if I leave you alone, Daisy?"

"Yes, ofcourse." I smiled sympathetically.

Haldon was trying his best, but no matter what he did, Emrys could only see him as a bad guy.

Once he was out of the room, Emrys calmed down.
"Did you mean what you said?"

"About what?" I asked as I made my way over to the chair.

"About me staying?"

"Yes, absolutely. I'd like it if you'd stay a bit longer. You're the only other human I know here and we still need to figure out a plan for you when you leave."

"What kind of plan?"

"Where you will live, how to get you used to society and technology, and then we'll need to figure out money and how to get you on the system. No one will believe that you're an old man or that you've been abducted by aliens."

Emrys sat on his bed, legs crossed as he looked at me and I could see the sadness slowly creeping up on his face.

"We'll figure it out." I spoke sofly.

He sighed, looking down at his hands. "This isn't going to be as easy as I'd hoped, is it?"

"You can stay here for as long as you'd like. We can figure everything out and then take you back home when you are totally ready." I tried to reassure him but it did nothing for his mood.