4

Seeing the new alien species for the first time felt a little overwhelming. They all looked so.. beautiful.

Felix wouldn't let me too close, leaving me to tend to everyone else but from what I could see, they were very human like.

Their skin was flawless with an ever so slight tan and what looked like some sort of shimmer. They had a body to die for, tight abs and huge muscles in all the right places that any human would be envious of.

It was almost as if they were human but an upgraded, enhanced version.

The males had perfectly styled short hair and the females had luxurious, silky looking hair that reached below their bottom. I was in awe of their stunning beauty and it felt so wrong to help the Gladarians wipe them out.

Felix seemed to be hooking up the fluids and sending them back out within an hour. The patients usually rested for a day at the very least before they were hooked back up to the draining machines. I was astounded at the rate the new aliens could recouperate.

I knew Felix would be in his element right now and I worried that he would want to push them as far as he could to see just how much their bodies could handle.

After a few hours, maybe half a day, a Gladar alien came into the treatment room with a glint in his eye.

I glanced over at Felix who was grinning at him. His relationship with the Gladarians was odd. Instead of hating the creatures that had taken him, stolen his life, he didn't seem to dislike anything about them. Thinking about it, he had never said a bad word against them.

"Female, go to your room immediately." The deep grumble in his voice was unnerving so I nodded quickly and scurried out of the room without hesitation.

On the way to my room, the buzzing in my ears returned and I let out a groan at the annoying sound.

I started to wonder if I had an ear infection or maybe a brain tumor, but then again, being on an alien spaceship, travelling around space at god knows how many miles an hour probably had something to do with it.

I sat on my bed, twiddling my thumbs with absolutely nothing to do. Why was I sent away but Felix wasn't? For a Gladar alien to interrupt in the middle of the day was very unusual. They never come to check on us so something was definitely going on.

I couldn't wait to go back but before I knew it, the lights went off and I fell asleep.

I was awake and ready before the alarm woke me up the following morning and the second the lights came on, I practically ran to the treatment room.

I walked in and Felix was already working.

"Hey, what happened yesterday?" I kept my voice low, making my way over to him.

"This happened." He waved his hands around the treatment room and my jaw dropped.

Every singal bed was occupied by the new alien species.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked, hesitantly, unsure if I even wanted to know the answer.

He didn't answer. His stoic expression had me call out his name.

"Felix?"

Without looking at me, he spoke calmly. "They're gone."

"Gone? What do you mean, gone? Felix, where are they?" I began to panic.

"Down the chute and into space. They're gone, Daisy."

Tears flooded my eyes at his harsh tone.

"But they were alive. Don't you care?" My voice trembled as I tried with all of my might to keep myself together.