64

It had been a week since Kai had begun painting again, and it was time for the grand unveiling.

He made me promise not to look at it until it was finished, and it was almost impossible to not take a sneak peek when he wasn't in the room.

We were stood in the living room, his hands covering my eyes as he stood behind me.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready." I beamed, exited.

Removing his hands from my eyes, I looked up and saw the painting hanging on the wall.

I was speechless, looking up at his masterpiece, my vision slightly blurred as tears pooled in my eyes.

"What do you think?" Kai asked, a nervous tone to his voice.

"It's.. perfect." I whispered, barely able to hear my own voice.

His talent was incredible, the detail phenomenal.

My parents were sat infront of the flowers in the garden, Kai and I sat either side of them with cheerful smiles on our faces.

My dad's hand was on Kai's shoulder, with mine wrapped around mum's arm.

It was almost life-like, perfect in every way.

Stepping closer, I noticed the small freckle on mum's cheek that always stood out in the summer. I was astounded at the small things that Kai was able to add, the tiniest details that most would overlook.

I turned around and buried my head in his chest, wrapping my arms around his torso as he engulfed me in a warm embrace.

"Thank you, Kai." I murmured, holding back my tears.

Something so simple had brought a tremendous amount of happiness to my life, but I couldn't find the words to express how I felt.

"You're welcome, my love. I was worried that you wouldn't like it but.. I'm guessing it's ok?"

I looked up at him through furrowed brows.

"Ok? Kai, it's more than ok. I don't think you realise how incredibly talented you are. I don't even know how to thank you for what you've done. That painting means more to me than you will ever know and I'm eternally grateful for the hard work and effort that you've put into it."

"You don't have to thank me for anything. You are my soulmate, my life, my entire world and if a painting makes you happy, then I'd quite happily paint one-thousand more."

I chuckled softly, wrapping my arms around his neck. "This one is all I need. Thank you, Kai, I love you so much."

"And I love you." He smiled, kissing me softly.

Kai's wristband bleeped, and he groaned as he pulled away to answer the call.

It was Kordin, and he needed Kai's assistance with something.

"Can it wait?" Kai mumbled, looking over at me.

"Not really. I know that you're busy with Daisy, but I really need to see you." He insisted.

"Ok." He sighed. "I'll be there soon."

He ended the call and looked at me apologetically.

"I'll be fine." I reassured him.

There hadn't been any issues on Zandara since the gladarian incident, but Kai still felt like he had to protect me.

"But I hate leaving you alone."

"I'll call Kiara then, see if she's free if it makes you feel better?" I suggested.

My wristband chimed before he could respond, and this time, it was Klaus.