34

Emrys looked exhausted, struggling to keep his eyes open so I offered to come back in the morning and possibly go for a walk so that he could stretch his legs.

"The days on this planet are very long.  You'll get used to it eventually though."

"No need. I'm not planning on staying here for too long so I'll just have to endure it for now."

I wasn't sure how serious he was being. His tone was deadly but his smirk said otherwise, so I laughed it off, shaking my head.

"I'll see you tomorrow. If you need me for anything in the meantime, just let someone know and they can call me straight away."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Thank you for today, you've really helped me in more ways than you can imagine." He let out a breath and I hugged him tight.

"You're more than welcome. I'm happy to help." I pulled away from him with a smile.

"We all are." Kai added.

"Thank you." Emrys gave him a nod. "See you tomorrow."

Kai and I headed to Haldons office where he and Kordin were waiting for us.

"He's taken a shine to you, Daisy." Kordin laughed when we sat down.

I felt my cheeks heat up but I brushed it off quickly.

"I think he just doesn't like aliens." I smirked.

"You guys are on our planet remember? Which technically makes you the aliens." He smirked back.

"Oh.. Touchè." I chuckled to myself.

"Alien or not, she's the best thing that's ever stepped foot on Zandara." Kai added and my insides fluttered at his words.

"Alright, alright. Rein it in, Romeo." Kordin shook his head.

After a little bit of banter between the two brothers, Kordin and Haldon began discussing Emrys.

"We've been keeping an eye on him today and I must say that you, Daisy, seem to have lifted his spirits dramatically. I thought it would take months before we saw any kind of progress with him but you seem to have a connection with him that keeps him stable." Haldon stated.

I didn't know what to say. Deep down, I knew that it was most likely due to the fact that I was human and seeing as Emrys had a strong disike for any other species, it would make sense for him to be drawn to me.

I was no shrink by any means, but I understood grief and I understood what being abducted felt like.

Although Emrys and I were very different, I knew that we had both been through a similar situation which probably helped us bond rather quickly.

"Would it be beneficial if Daisy was to be a part of his recovery process then?" Kai wondered.

"Absolutely. It would require a lot of time and patience but if we approach it correctly, I can't see why Emrys can't make a full recovery." Haldon spoke matter of factly.

I felt all eyes on me, as if they were waiting for me to agree but I wasn't sure I was qualified with what they were suggesting.

"I'm all for spending time with Emrys, but.. I don't think that I could fix his mind. I'm not exactly qualified and I'd have no idea what to do." I muttered, feeling a little flustered.

"Just be you. Ask questions, be yourself, just do what you did today and I'll guide you with the rest." Haldon said softly.

He made it sound so easy but I wasn't sure it would be.