62

I woke up excited, remembering instantly that I would get a chance to speak to Shannon today.

I didn't have a single nightmare, instead, I'd dreamt of having an allotment on the fields behind our house.

Maybe it was a premonition, or a manifestation of my conversation with Kai last night.. Either way, it was something I wanted to try.

Looking over at my sleeping soulmate, I vaguely remembered him coming to bed last night.

I wasn't sure what time it was, so I left him to sleep as I crept out of bed and made my way into the bathroom.

Once I was done, I tip-toed past the bed and out of the room, heading down the stairs to make a coffee.

I turned on some music, wiggling around the kitchen as I made some jam on toast.

My mood was at an all time high and once I had eaten breakfast, I grabbed my coffee and went outside to sit on the porch.

Aside from the chirps of the nearby birds, everything was silent. The sun's rays shon down with a soft morning breeze and I inhaled deeply, filling  my lungs with countryside air.

Still in my pyjama shorts and t-shirt, I wandered down the steps and into the garden.

The grass was getting long, but it felt heavenly under my bare feet.

Looking around, I had decided that I needed to cut it, and maybe plant some flowers if I could get my hands on some.

In my absence, Kai had neglected the ones that were there, but I could understand why considering his circumstances.

This was my home now, the place where I would one day start a family, so I had to turn it into a warm and welcoming place for whatever came next in my life.

Was it too early to imagine what my future would be like on an alien planet? I wasn't sure, but now that Earth was behind me, I didn't see any reason not to.

Where are you? I smiled at the sound of Kai's voice in my mind.

Planning how to rearrange the garden while I sip coffee on the porch.

You could always come back to bed.

But it's a beautiful day. Why don't you join me outside?

Anything for you, my love, I'll be with you soon.

I popped inside to make Kai a coffee, handing it to him as he got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Thank you." He smiled, following me to the porch.

"Can we plant some new flowers out here.. Maybe cut the grass too?"

"Whatever you want." He stated, sitting down beside me.

He placed his coffee down before turning to face me, dipping his head and kissing me softly.

As he pulled away, I pulled him back and kissed him again.

"You're in a good mood this morning, did you sleep well?" He chuckled.

"I did, actually, like a baby. Did you go for a run last night?" I wondered.

"I ran around the house, but when it got boring I ran to Kiara's and back a few times."

"Did it help?"

"It did. I had something to eat afterwards and then had a shower before I got in bed. Your scent was the catalyst that ultimately sent me to sleep though." He smiled.

"I'm glad that my body odour has a positive effect on you." I chuckled.

"It does indeed. When would you like to start the transformation?"