47

With dry eyes and a fake smile, I knocked on Emrys' door and peeked inside.

"Emrys?" I called, after finding an empty room.

I knocked on the bathroom door, calling his name again and when he didn't reply, a slight moment of panic swept over me.

Where the hell is he? I wondered. He never leaves his room.

Knowing that he was probably with Haldon somewhere, I decided to send Kai a message while I waited for Emrys to come back.

I sat down on the chair, swiping and tapping my wristband before typing my message.

I really wanted to call him but I knew that if I heard his voice, I'd end up crying again and I'd had enough of that for one day.

Hey, it's me. I know you asked me to call you before I was due to leave but I thought it would be best to just send you a message instead. I've spoken to Kordin, and I'll be leaving Zandara at twenty-nine hours. If you don't make it to the hanger, I just want you to know that I love you. I won't give up on you so please don't give up on yourself. Love always - Daisy xoxo

I pressed the send button and sat back in the chair, closing my eyes with a sigh.

The room was silent yet my mind was loud. I couldn't relax, no matter how hard I tried and the only remedy was in hiding for the day.

Stretching my legs out infront of me, I looked up at the ceiling as a groan escaped my throat.

I hated feeling restless, and after a while, I found myself pacing the room until Emrys eventually returned.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here. Is everything alright?" He smiled.

"Everything's fine. I've just come to give you an update."

"Oh, wonderful. Haldon just gave me the all clear for travel, fingers crossed you have some more good news." He chuckled.

"I do. We're leaving tonight, in roughly sixteen hours.. How do you fancy living in a big farmhouse in Wales?"

"Wales? That would be amazing. I was actually born in Wales, lived there until I was three years old before moving to England."

His smile was full of genuine happiness and I couldn't help but feel happy for him. After everything that he'd been through, he deserved his happy ending.

"Kordin has turned you into a very rich man too so you won't ever have to worry about money." I chortled.

His eyes seemed to sparkle as they widened in surprise.

"Rich? Me? You've got to be joking? I've never had a penny to my name."

"Nope, this isn't a joke. Call it compensation for you having to start over years after your time." I looked at him feeling nothing but sympathy.

"I suppose it would help, wouldn't it?" He shrugged.

"Absolutely, and by the time we get to Earth, all of your official documents will be finalised and no one will suspect a thing."

"So everything is set? This is really happening?" He asked, strugglimg to contain his excitement.

"Yes and yes. I just need to have my medical and then all we have to do is wait. Well.. I need to do a few things and say some goodbyes but that's it."

"Ok." Emrys chimed. "Haldon said that he'd take me to the ship when the time comes so once you've had your medical, don't worry about coming back here. Try and enjoy your day, say your goodbyes and I'll see you tonight, ok?"