32

After a restless nights sleep, I was on my third cup of coffee. Kai and I had just eaten breakfast and I was eagerly awaiting news on Emrys' condition.

Seeing his reaction last night was truely heart-breaking and he had been on my mind ever since.

I planned on visiting Florna today but I decided to put her on hold for now. As soon as I get the go ahead from Kordin, I'll be heading to the medical centre.

Kai insisted that he would accompany me but I knew that his parents wanted to see him, so he would be paying them a visit instead.

He didn't know what it was about but he had an inkling that either Haldon or Kordin had spilled the beans on Felix, and now that Emrys was in the mix, he was likely to be in a little bit of trouble.

"Daisy, I've got you a new wristband so that you can contact me today." Kai smiled as he walked into the living room, sitting down on the sofa beside me.

"Thank you." I yawned, still groggy, despite the caffeine rush.

He slipped it on my wrist and I played around with it as he pulled my legs up onto his lap and began massaging my feet.

"That feels amazing." I groaned, sinking into the sofa whilst closing my eyes.

"I can massage other body parts too, if you'd like?"

I could hear in his tone that he was trying to seduce me, peeking at him through one eye as I tried not to laugh.

"Now that you've mentioned it, my big toe is a little sore from wearing those heels yesterday." I wiggled it infront of his face, biting my lip to hide my grin.

"Seriously? Your big toe?" He huffed.

I looked up at him, innocently. "But you said.."

I paused when Kai rose to his feet. He walked towards me and scooped me up into his arms with a grin.

I squealed, tapping him on the shoulder, but he ignored me, making his way up the stairs.

"What are you doing?" I chuckled, knowing full well what his intentions were and my stomach fluttered as his eyes locked with mine.

"I feel like I've not heard that laugh for days. It's beautiful.. I've missed it."

He was right. The last few days had been a whirlwind. I could handle feeling physically drained, but mentally - it was tough.

With my arms wrapped around Kai's neck, I placed a single kiss on his cheek. "I'm sorry. I've been a little disconnected, haven't I?"

"It isn't something you should be apologising for. Stuff happens, and sometimes, things can get a little too much. Just know that I'm here for you, always, no matter what."

His words were comforting, and I was relieved that he understood why I had been a little preoccupied lately.

He didn't need an explanation, or for me to apologise. He was here for me no matter what and that was all that mattered.

Kai entered the bedroom and gently placed me on the bed. I didn't release my arms from around his neck, pulling him close, enough to feel his breath on my face.

"I love you." I spoke softly, gazing into his loving eyes.

He inched forward, closing the slight gap between us, his soft lips molding around mine as my head sunk into the pillows behind me.

His lips parted and our tongues collided in a slow and sensual kiss.

His smell was intoxicating and a fire ignited in the pit of my stomach, desperate for his touch.