11

I was lying down on Kai's bed, waiting for him to return from the medical room where he had gone to retrieve the healing pod. I could have gone with him and used it there but he insisted that I lay down and rest.

I reluctantly agreed and he dashed out of the room in a flash.

I sat up and lifted my dress up to inspect my thigh.

I gasped when I looked down at the damage. My leg was swollen with dark blue bruises where Kai's fingers had dug into me. I didn't feel it at the time, my lust for him masked the pain somehow but looking at it now made me shudder.

If this is him holding back, how badly would he hurt me during sex?

Kai walked through the door and saw my leg so I quickly shoved my dress down to cover up the bruise but the look on his face told me that he'd already seen it.

He dropped the device he was holding and walked over to me, running his hand through his hair.

He cautiously slid my dress up to take another look and his face paled.

"What have I done? I'm so sorry, Daisy."

"What? I'm fine."

I scrunched up my face, annoyed that he felt the need to apologise.

"But you're not fine. Look at what I've done to you, how can you possibly be fine?"

I rubbed my hand over my face with a sigh.

"I was aware of what could happen and I would happily do it again with the same outcome. I barely felt it at the time and I doubt I will next time. Don't forget, you can heal me so don't worry, please."

When Kai looked at me, his jaw clenched and he spoke through gritted teeth.

"There won't be a next time."

His words cut through me like a knife and a lump formed in my throat.

"What? I thought the soulmate bond was too strong to not do anything about it."

"You don't understand, Daisy. If I lost control during our first mating experience, I could kill you. Things could get forceful, the pull that I feel is like an urgence I can't explain. You're not a zaviour, your body won't be able to handle my strength. I can't touch you again, I won't."

My heart raced. "There's no guarantee that you'll lose control though."

"I can't stay away from you. I'm fighting myself to not rip your clothes off right now. Until we mate, the pull will only worsen because of our connection."

My eyes glazed over as the realisation of what he was saying kicked in.

"I'm sorry, Daisy."

"No." My voice was barely audible. "Don't send me back to Earth. Please, Kai, I'm begging you."

Tears began to fall and Kai turned around, picking up the device he had dropped. He pressed a button on the side of it and it opened up, resembling a large hot tub.

"Do you need help getting in?" He avoided eye contact, keeping his voice low.

I stared at him, refusing to speak until he looked at me. He eventually gripped the side of the bed and looked me in the eyes.

"Daisy?"

"I'm not getting in." I crossed my arms defiantly.

"But you won't heal without it. The pain reliever will wear off soon, you need to get in now." I could feel him getting angry and in turn, I was getting angry too.