8

I had just spilled my guts to Kiara. I told her about kissing Kai and the feelings I felt towards him, how I wanted him more that anything and then how I was rejected when I made an advance towards him.

"Was I getting the wrong impression from him? Or do you think he wants to take things slowly? I thought that we were on the same wavelength but he didn't seem to want me in the same way."

"I haven't been found by my soulmate yet but I've heard that the pull that the males feel towards the females intensifies tremendously once they meet. I know that Kai will be fighting himself to not hurt you right now. We're exceptionally strong and clearly bigger than humans so he will have to restrain himself when it comes to just kissing you, nevermind when it comes to mating."

"But why would he hurt me?" I didn't understand.

Kiara laughed.

"Oh, Daisy. Humans are fragile compared to us and we are forceful during the first mating process. It's hard to hold back once a soulmated pair feel a connection and from what you have told me, your feelings towards Kai have progressed immensely and the connection between you both is there."

Why didn't Kai tell me? Surely he won't hurt me.

"Should I be worried?" I asked, picking at my fingers anxiously.

"You will forever be protected by Kai. He won't ever hurt you intentionally but there is a slight chance you could get injured the first time you mate. Having said that, we have a portable healing pod that should fix you right up if you need it."

Oh jesus. What the fuck am I supposed to do now?

Folding my arms, I looked up at Kiara with furrowed brows.

"So what are we talking about? Broken bones? A few bruises? Internal bleeding?"

What if he rips my downstairs apart? How big is a zaviours member? Now I'm panicking.

Kiara laughed and I wwondered if she could hear my thoughts like Kai could.

"We're talking bruising, usually soreness and a chance of bleeding from your ladybug."

My ladybug? I hadn't heard that one before.

"And how big are the caterpillars?"

I couldn't help but grin and Kiara laughed loudly.

"From what my friends have said, they vary from nine to fourteen inches long but don't worry, the males on our planet are educated on the best way to use them."

Ok, I can handle fourteen inches. I can. I hope I can.

I gulped, forcing myself to smile. "Anyway.. What will happen tonight?"

I was nervous about meeting all of Kai's family and the head people of the planet. I was worried they wouldn't like me and now that Kai and I were in a complicatrd zone, I was freaking out.

"I honestly don't know. We've never had another species join the family before but I think it's just a little get together to get to know eachother and get all of the formalities out of the way."

"Perfect." I murmured. Hopefully they would have alcohol so I could relax once I'm there. I hated meeting new people at the beat of times but a family so powerful had me on edge.

"Come on, we need to get you something to wear for tonight." Kiara climbed off the bed and pulled me into an almost empty room.

All of the walls were mirrored and the ceiling was just one big bright light.

In the corner of the room was a machine that looked like a photo booth with a cream coloured sofa next to it.

Kiara tapped a screen on the photobooth machine and in lit up.