38

While Kai made me a coffee, I sat on the sofa, picking at my nails, my stomach in knots.

"Are you alright, my love?" He asked, placing my coffee on the table before sitting down beside me.

I nodded, picking up my mug and taking a sip.

"What's wrong? I can feel your emotions, they're all over the place." He frowned, gently squeezing my shoulder.

"It's the meeting I had with Kordin." I stated, rubbing my head as I looked down at my knees.

"Tell me what's bothering you."

I looked up at him, blowing out a breath.

"Just promise me you won't scream and shout until I've finished what I have to say." I said anxiously, putting my mug down on the table.

He looked into my eyes and nodded. "I promise."

He held my hands gently and I closed my eyes briefly before I began.

"Kordin said that because Emrys is on Zandara, he is obliged to care for him and uphold his wishes if he chooses to return to Earth."

Kai nodded. "Yes, that's right."

"Well, the thing is. He doesn't believe that Emrys would cope if he returned alone. He said that he has spoken to Haldon, and the best possible solution with minimal stress would be for me to go with him and stay on Earth until he's accustomed to his new life."

I looked up at Kai, tears threatening to fall but he sat there, jaw tense without saying a word.

"If Emrys stays here, it could impact his mental state and make things worse, but if he goes to Earth alone, he wouldn't cope with all of the changes that he'd have to face."

His eyes burned into mine and for a moment, I thought he was going to explode.

"Do you want to go?" He asked, sternly.

"Of course not. I want nothing more than to stay here with you. It makes me feel sick at the thought of leaving you." I sniffed, a stray tear escaping me, gliding over my cheek as my heart thumped in my chest.

"I can't lose you, Daisy. I can't watch you disappear to Earth without me."

"What should I do? I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

"Tell him no. It's selfish of him to even ask you to consider such a thing."

His hands tightened around mine and I could see the pain in his eyes as he looked at me.

"What about Emrys?" I closed my eyes as more tears fell.

"What about him? You are my priority, not him. I am more than happy to dismiss his wishes if it means you are here, safe, with me."

"This could break him."

"Maybe.. but it will break me." He almost whispered.

I flung my arms around him, guilt consuming me for even considering leaving him.

How could I be so selfish? Yes, it might break Emrys, I wasn't one-hundred percent sure, but I knew for a fact that it would break Kai.

"I'm not going anywhere." My voice trembled.

I felt his shoulders relax and he let out a large breath as his hands wrapped around my waist.

"I'm sorry for even thinking about it."

"It's not you that should be sorry. Wait until I see Kordin and Haldon, they'll be sorry for suggesting such a thing."

In that moment, I didn't care that Haldon amd Kordin were in for a telling off. All I cared about was Kai.