53

DAISY'S POV

Kai and I had exchanged quite a few messages over the last three days.

I didn't give him an exact day for when I'd send the signal but he knew that it would be soon.

He told me that he misses and loves me, and I was overjoyed when I found out that Kiara was pregnant.

It made me sad to not be there to congratulate her and Atlas, but I was literally seven days away from going home so I saved the excitement until I saw her in person.

After hearing nothing from Samantha for a couple of days, Emrys and I decided to go to her cafe for lunch.

I was worried about her sudden disappearance so wanted to check that she was ok.

She smiled when we walked into the cafe but her mum served us for a change which was unusual.

After ordering our food, Emrys and I sat down.

"Do you think she's avoiding us?" I wondered.

"It seems that way. Did we do something to upset her?" He rubbed his chin as a frown formed on his face.

"Not that I can think of." I shook my head.

When our food was ready, Samantha's mum brought it over to us, putting it down on the table with a soft smile.

"Is everything ok with Samantha?" I blurted, slightly annoyed that she was blatantly avoiding us.

"Umm, yes my dear, she's absolutely fine." Her mum muttered.

"Why is she avoiding us?" I asked, as nicely as I could.

Samantha's mum sighed before sitting down on the spare chair at the table.

"The thing is.. Samantha can be quite eccentric in some ways and she believes in things that others may deem odd. She has lost friends in the past due to her likes and interests and I think that she's trying to protect herself from the same thing happening again." She sighed.

I frowned, confused. "What kind of beliefs? Does she think that Emrys and I wouldn't want to be friends with her if we knew?" I wondered.

"I can't really say, Sam would kill me, but what I can say, is that she's very fond of your friendship and it worries her that you won't like the real her."

"Trust us, we aren't the type to judge, are we, Emrys?" I looked over at him.

"No, not in the slightest. Please tell her to talk to us, I miss her.. We, miss her." He muttered.

Samantha's mum let out a slight laugh, catching on to what Emrys had said. "I'll see what I can do."

After eating our lunch, we got up to leave. Samantha was nowhere to be seen so we walked out of the cafe and hoped that she would call us.

I really needed her to look out for Emrys when I was gone and it worried me that she didn't want to see us.

Just as we were about to cross the road, I heard her call our names as she ran out of the cafe.

"Emrys, Daisy."

We quickly turned around and she tentatively made her way over.

"Samantha?" Emrys smiled.

"Can we talk?"

"Yes, of course we can." I stated.

Samantha looked around before sitting down on a bench.

"I'm sorry for leaving so abruptly the other day and I'm sorry for avoiding you and ignoring your calls." She sighed.

"Did we do something to upset you?" Emrys spoke softly, sitting down beside her.